Ranking
Original Post
I'd have to disagree with you Veoo.

If they implement the things missing in TB, I think Toribash might be revitalized. A good thing since TB actually is the only one of its kind.
Owner of Fred
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I can bet 400 bucks than players prefers having a complete rebuild of the game with all (or at least most of the thing, the rest may come later who knows) the things we were asking for, than a phone app that wouldn’t works perfectly probably, since the game ain’t easy for phone software.
A new engine with new disponibilites would bring back well more people
[sigpic][/sigpic]
Was zurük bleibt ist erinnerung
iPod i hope that doesnt happen, since a new game should give the old players another chance, for example if you're known as a scammer in toribash, you should get a chance to change your history into something better, or keep scamming people.
I support the new game
The currently clan things and etc gonna get upload to the TB next?
NO TITLE
Just saying, I stand by what I said.

And here is the link to the battle bears app that I mentioned that was similar to the way I think tb and tb next are going to end up:

https://battlebears.vanillaforums.com
Toribash has had a large total playercount over the years, the game is over 10 years old after all. Something like Next will be sure to bring old players back, and if Nabi steps up their PR game there is also a possibility of the game being flooded with new players from steam or similair

I for one am extremely excited and optimistic about this whole thing. The possibilites in Toribash are already immense, can't wait to see what we'll be able to do with the new Unity engine

Originally Posted by rcarey View Post
While I see your point, I'd like to say it could be very discouraging for players just discovering Next to be faced with an oldschool custom labeled as a newb

I fully support resetting QI, climbing the belts has always been fun and when you are really high belt some of the incentive to play goes away because 25.000 games to the next belt is a lot. Besides, although nobody knows how the gameplay will change we can assume it will be atleast slightly different, a master in Toribash may not be so good in Next. The issue of old players being labaled and low belts could be solved with some other type of merit, a veteran coin like they have in Counterstrike or something else next to your name would be an easy and appropriate solution imo.
Last edited by jisse; Nov 24, 2017 at 08:03 PM.
Noooooo. resetting qi would be a terrible idea, thats basically the same thing as resetting everyones inventories as well as deleting all the clans and making people start with new names.

its just something that would cripple many peoples motives to even play toribash next at all.
oh is this where i put my signature?
I have to agree with tempest on this one. I like my high rank, and as I'm mainly a sparrer and parkourist, having to work my way back up to 7th Dan would be a nightmare. Maybe an option to reset your progress might be nice if you want during the initial launch, but nothing more than that. Think about people like tripstone, with 50,000 qi. Do you really think they'd want to sit around and work their way back up to 50 thousand games?

Adding on to this, when the is launched, the beginner servers will be flooded with old and new players alike. It'd be like an invasion of alternate accounts, farming newbies for TC and a higher rank. It'd be terrible. Keeping old ranks allows for newbs to compete with other beginners and not have to worry as much about old veterans utterly kicking their asses.
Last edited by Karbn; Nov 24, 2017 at 09:32 PM.