Toribash
Original Post
[Ö_Ö]Your Weekly Drawing Competition - Retro Characters

It's time for the weekly "Draw an <INSERT CRAZY OBJECT HERE>" series. Proudly brought to you by Ezeth, together with the rest of GATA. This is the weekly drawing competition number 6.

Every week we will be releasing a new drawing event for you to participate in. This competition will last from this thursday to next thursday

This week: Retro characters

We want you to create the most wicked awesome retro style character, it can be everything from space invaders to megaman.

You don't need to create an existing character you can make your own, just make it look retro and oldschool

• This is to be completely hand-drawn(Not a photoshopped image) [This does not mean you may not draw it in PS/GIMP]
  • No stealing other contestant's work.
  • Max 3 Entries per person.
  • You may use a reference picture, but it must be posted along with your entry.
  • Max 800X800 pixel entries.
  • Entries must be made for this event.
  • If you decide to hand-draw yours and scan it in, you must sign your work with your username.

We're giving 15,000 TC to the 1st place entry holder.
We're giving 10,000 TC to the 2nd place entry holder.
We're giving 5000 TC to the 3rd place entry holder.

Last weeks results:

Well done to Pate5 for placing first with his entry to this week's "Drawing Event".
Well done to crockwtf for placing second with his entry to this week's "Drawing Event".
Well done to Pa360uHuk for placing third with his entry to this week's "Drawing Event".
Why are everyone drawing megaman? you are free to create whatever retro character you want and there is a hole lot to choose from

We are talking Nes and n64 etc.

First Party
Mario
Luigi
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Pit
Marth
Little Mac
Captain Falcon
Diddy kong

Third Party
Snake
Mega Man
Black Mage

to give you a few ideas.
Last edited by Ezeth; Oct 24, 2009 at 06:45 PM.
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Well, I chose megaman mostly because I've wanted to draw him for some time now, but I never had anything to make me do it, and this comp made me do it. Now that's out of the system.

Edit: Also, I recall only two people drawing Megaman, me and that other guy.
Last edited by Tapion; Oct 24, 2009 at 06:44 PM.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
ok

Here is a picture to give you some ideas on how you can draw those characters

I have the basic design on paper, will attempt to draw on photoshop tonight, once I get back from this mansion party thing =V
&quot;Anything running perfectly is running like clockwork.&quot;
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
This is my second entry. His name is Toad! He wants a hug.

Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
Thats cool

Just have to remind peoples that its 2 days left since its a bit unclear at the first page, so if you have some work that its undone its time to do it.
BUMP.

I will close this at 22:00 today, that leaves 9 hours from now. Peoples that are working on a entry have to get them done before that, I will not wait for peoples to get finished.