ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Wii U: Nintendo's New Console
Looks like Nintendo has another console. This time, comparing graphics to those of PS3 and Xbox360.

Read and gain information here: http://e3.nintendo.com/hw/#/introduction
It's more fluid visiting the site than C&P'ing everything.

Here's what the wiki says:
The Wii U (ウィー・ユー Wī Yū?, pronounced /ˈwiː ju/) (codenamed Project Café) is an upcoming home video game console by Nintendo, and the direct successor to the Wii. The system is expected to be released in 2012 and was unveiled during Nintendo's press conference at the Electronic Entertainment Expo 2011 on June 7, 2011.
The Wii U is the first Nintendo console to produce 1080p high-definition graphics, and features a new controller with an embedded touchscreen. The controller allows a player to continue a gaming session by displaying the game even when the television is off. The system will be fully backwards compatible with Wii, and Wii U games can support compatibility with Wii peripherals, such as the Wii Remote and Wii Balance Board. However it is unknown if it will be backward compatible with Nintendo Gamecube media.

In my honest opinion, the graphics won't matter. The next console Sony and Microsoft have on their sleeves could have better graphics. But hell, I don't care about it. It has Zelda HD. That already warrants a buy. This and along with the PS Vita are on my wishlist.

I really don't want any console wars in this thread. Keep on topic. You may talk about the other consoles but no "Wii U will fail" or "Xbox360 is better than all of Nintendo's consoles". Anything analogous to said statements will be reported.
Last edited by DarkeVipr; Jun 10, 2011 at 03:19 PM.
Rappunk said I need to put him on my sig :P
"So what if I lied? At least I'm honest about it."
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Originally Posted by Orion View Post
does this mean no skyward sword for wii?

Uhm, no.

Skyward Sword comes this year, Wii U comes next year in Japan. Probably by christmas in US and in 2013 in EU, if I know Nintendo right. Unless they aim for a world wide release in 2012.

Either way, Skyward Sword is a Wii title, not a Wii U title.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
That thing is badass. It's amazing how you can view the game differently. For instance, you can actually see the golf ball on the ground when paying Wii Golf.
I'm gonna love the Wii U when I get it.
[04:34] <siku> i can already tell you 2 are awful since piratez is a terrible clan that cares about post count above everything else
Originally Posted by Tapion View Post
Uhm, no.

Skyward Sword comes this year, Wii U comes next year in Japan. Probably by christmas in US and in 2013 in EU, if I know Nintendo right. Unless they aim for a world wide release in 2012.

Either way, Skyward Sword is a Wii title, not a Wii U title.

The Wii U is said to be backwards compatible with Wii games. So, Skyward Sword is a Wii title but it could be played on the Wii U. I dunno how they're gonna implement MotionPlus on the new controller.
Rappunk said I need to put him on my sig :P
"So what if I lied? At least I'm honest about it."
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Originally Posted by DarkeVipr View Post
The Wii U is said to be backwards compatible with Wii games. So, Skyward Sword is a Wii title but it could be played on the Wii U. I dunno how they're gonna implement MotionPlus on the new controller.

I don't think they'll add MotionPlus TO the controller, they'll just have the required software and stuff so the Wii remotes with Motion+ works. At least as far as I understood it.

And I was just answering his question if SS actually was going to be for Wii or not, which it is.
Sigma | Gata
errm, from what i have read, the wii U controller will have the same sort of motion tracking system what wii controller has.

But this console is really a thing worth buying!
Want to join GATA?Apply here
Free textures
4th Dan Black Belt
So I heard you like news about Wii U.

http://www.wiiublog.com
Sigma | Gata