ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Should we add ranks to the user list?
Yes
20 Votes / 100.00%
No
0 Votes / 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by dank View Post
if you've got a 60hz monitor there's no point in getting above 60 fps

that's not true at all. Higher fps means your monitor has a newer frame to display in place of one that is older.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
Originally Posted by Hours View Post
don't use obs then.
and just why would you throw down a fire which killed you, on the 13th round, when you had awp and could've saved it?

I was freaking out over the no scope.
we still won the game pretty easily so...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by dank View Post
if you've got a 60hz monitor there's no point in getting above 60 fps

Originally Posted by Dscigs View Post
that's not true at all. Higher fps means your monitor has a newer frame to display in place of one that is older.

Yes this is true what Dscigs said, when the screen refreshes it picks the newest frame, however having above 60 fps will lead in to the screen putting out incomplete frames (screen tearing) so more fps than 60 won't lead to better results, therefore there is not really any reason to have more than 60 fps on a 60 hz monitor. It will just put more strain on the computer. Your screen already has (if its a gaming screen) 2-4 ms delay.

This is why Vsync exist, which syncs the framerate up with your refreshrate.
Last edited by Ezeth; Jun 15, 2016 at 02:32 AM.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post
Yes this is true what Dscigs said, when the screen refreshes it picks the newest frame, however having above 60 fps will lead in to the screen putting out incomplete frames (screen tearing) so more fps than 60 won't lead to better results, therefore there is not really any reason to have more than 60 fps on a 60 hz monitor. It will just put more strain on the computer. Your screen already has (if its a gaming screen) 2-4 ms delay.

Well this is also not very true. More strain on the computer, what is this, computer liberation movement? Most computers can pretty easily run cs at over 120 fps. The best thing is to have stable around 200 fps even if you only have 60hz monitor, that way you will get the smoothest experience. Vsync is not better than fast frame output since it forces the frame rate to drop. And that will make your mouse movements slightly less responsive because it does not output constantly, but instead forces it artificially to the 60hz creating possible differences in your output speed.

Above all this, just try playing with 60 fps and then lets say 150 fps. if you can't feel the difference (notice not seeing, feeling), then you truly don't need to have more than 60 fps. But I'm willing to bet my ass that any experienced fps player will notice the difference purely responsiveness. I personally could never play with 60 fps in a competitive game.
Last edited by cowmeat; Jun 15, 2016 at 05:11 AM.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
Well this is also not very true. More strain on the computer, what is this, computer liberation movement? Most computers can pretty easily run cs at over 120 fps. The best thing is to have stable around 200 fps even if you only have 60hz monitor, that way you will get the smoothest experience. Vsync is not better than fast frame output since it forces the frame rate to drop. And that will make your mouse movements slightly less responsive because it does not output constantly, but instead forces it artificially to the 60hz creating possible differences in your output speed.

Above all this, just try playing with 60 fps and then lets say 150 fps. if you can't feel the difference (notice not seeing, feeling), then you truly don't need to have more than 60 fps. But I'm willing to bet my ass that any experienced fps player will notice the difference purely responsiveness. I personally could never play with 60 fps in a competitive game.

If the screen is not vsynced this is true, but.. A 60 hz screen can only display 60 fps, so therefore getting 60 fps from the game vsynced is optimal, the pc can only send out a true 60 fps to the monitor, so if its sending 60 fps synced with the screen the screen will always display the newest frame regardless, and therefore it won't be faster the more fps you add. the only thing that more frames add is incomplete frames, where your computer sends out a frame blend between two frames to the monitor, which will lead to a worse gaming experience rather than a smoother one. So therefore having more than 60 TRUE fps is completely pointless.

This still doesn't mean that you should have your fps_max on 60 because your frame will drop every now and then and therefore not display a true 60 fps. In CS 1.6 fps_max 101 was the most you could have, and everybody had a smooth experience back then before 144hz monitors were sold and nobody was satisfied with 60hz anymore.

so basically summarized
vsync? 60fps
Not vsync? as many fps as possible.
Last edited by Ezeth; Jun 15, 2016 at 05:47 PM.
so usually I get around 60-90 ping but today for some reason I'm lucky if I can get below 600 wtf is going on?

I heard theres a way to prioritize your computer over other things or something like that, how to do that/will that fix it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Ezeth View Post

Yea, screen tearing happens but only when you turn quickly, but that happens at 144Hz as well. It's just less noticeable, yet you still wouldn't want to cap your fps at 144 because you're just handicapping yourself.

3kilksphilip vidya
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
nerds
Life's not a waste of time and time's not a waste of life so let's stop wasting time, get wasted and have the time of our lives - Mr Worldwide 3:18
gamma case hype

my friend got it dropped in game and sold it for $25
fucking nigger
dreamy suicide act