x512 bumpmaps and texture trails
basically this type of textures have been left at the standard x128
for so long,i think the difference in file size would be minimal so
the directory would not get huge,it would be a nice visual upgrade
and it could also work as a TC sink since in the beginning
only the shop would have them.

Thoughts?

Originally Posted by dabarrett View Post
There is full body so why the lack of joints, it is a little strange to see the detail and depth bump maps add next to the joint which in comparison seems a little lackluster

and bumpmap for joints
Last edited by nikosefs; Sep 28, 2016 at 10:31 AM. Reason: changed title
Yes,256x trails can be a good idea.But Bumpmaps dont need 512x or 256x,because they only add shadows and volume to the body.I want the 256x trails! Supported bb.
Hey another idea: Bumpmaps for joints,if you have a jointed set you can only bumpmap body,and can look weird if you dont bumpmap the joints,you support this?
Last edited by Apixelated; Aug 8, 2016 at 03:54 PM.
uvuvwevwevwe onyetenyevwe ugwemubwem ossas~
about the bumpmaps,if you have a 512 set,
the 128 bumpmaps are a huge downgrade:

images

if you put these 2 images side to side you can see that when you add
the bumpmap,the texture gets pixelated.

Its just natural,512 textures need 512 bumpmaps.
Last edited by nikosefs; Aug 8, 2016 at 04:14 PM.
Bump Map Joints
There is full body so why the lack of joints, it is a little strange to see the detail and depth bump maps add next to the joint which in comparison seems a little lackluster
Hmmm, joint textures are a bit of an odd one for it since they work more like tattoos than textures. That said, it is pretty odd that they're the only ones without bumps.

If they did happen really some 256 & 512 bumps should be added too. The 128s just don't match up well enough with higher res textures.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Hmmm, joint textures are a bit of an odd one for it since they work more like tattoos than textures. That said, it is pretty odd that they're the only ones without bumps.

If they did happen really some 256 & 512 bumps should be added too. The 128s just don't match up well enough with higher res textures.

THANK YOU!

also,tell us if you know skul,what would be the difference in server load
if the bumpmaps were 512 instead of 128?

(also i have made a suggestion about 512 bumpmaps,perhaps merge my thread with this one and rename it to bumpmap upgrades?)
Server load? You mean ingame? Nothing really, just longer custom download times & it'd use more storage space.

There would be a client performance hit ingame though, mostly for people with potato GPUs.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Uhm i have full bumpmaps (body) and full 512x body and joints textures... well my questions are:

Wich resolution does it have the bumps actualy?
It resizes depending on wich textures slot sizes you bave?

Whould be added full joints bumpmaps?

Cuz if i setup the body bumpmaps right than can be seen a really big difference btw the joints and the body bumps
It will be cool if there will be added full bump joints to mach everything cuz like that will look really weird...
The average human body contains enough human bones to make up an entire human skeleton... loll wut? xD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
unfortunately bone,there is only 128x128 bumpmaps right now,
i have made a suggestion about getting an upgrade to 512,
perhaps it will happen at some point.

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
Server load? You mean ingame? Nothing really, just longer custom download times & it'd use more storage space.

There would be a client performance hit ingame though, mostly for people with potato GPUs.

i asked because there was an assumption that the server won't be able
to handle the extra size(or something along those lines)
bumping and adding some images that show the difference
between 128 and 512 bumpmap,shaders off:

images