ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[GM] Monthly Mod Challenge!

Do you have what it takes to win Monkey's mod challenge?

How it works

Each month there will be a new theme, all you need to do is to create a mod based upon this theme.

The mods will be judged by myself and the best mod each month will win a cool prize and have their mod featured on the official Toribash mod server for a month to ensure it gets the play time it deserves!

Rules

-The mod MUST be your own work.

-You can however collaborate with people if you want (you will share the prize if you win)

-The mod MUST be made specifically for the contest (ie. no old mods).

-When posting your mods, please include a description of how the mod should be played and in what sense your mod is based upon the theme.

-Your mod should be multiplayer.

-You can enter as many mods as you like.

-Use this thread to submit mods.

-Please also upload your mods via the mod uploader.

-Mods will be judged on playability, creativeness, complexity and looks (among other things)

-Check the Modding forums out for more information about modding.

-Mods will be judged by me primarily.

July's theme is...

This months prize is...

The event will close on July 31st and the winner will be announced shortly after this time.

Good luck and happy building!

__

Past Winners

June 2012
Theme - Nature
Winner
Obazu - Lion_chase_zebra.tbm

Last edited by ClockworkMonkey; Jul 8, 2012 at 01:48 AM.
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

Just over 24 hours to get your entries in!
-----
Fun fact! I am going out tonight and so I've decided to allow entries for another day.

So you have around 34 hours now
Last edited by ClockworkMonkey; Jun 30, 2012 at 03:30 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

Well here is my entry:

Explanation

Attached Files
lion_chase_zebra.tbm (6.9 KB, 9 views)
RESULTS ARE IN!
OK,

Thanks for the entries guys!

I have played all the mods and have decided that the winner is Obazu for his lion attacking a zebra mod.

I also have a little feedback on all the mods so that you can make even better mods next time.

Shtain - Nice idea and a good looking mod. The main problem I had with this was that once you are out of the way, there isn't much to do. There are also too many turns for a multiplayer games.

Th3crazy - While the idea was interesting, the point of your mod is pretty much to kill yourself, which in competitive multiplayer, people aren't that willing to do, so I just couldn't see it working on a MP server. There are also too many turns for a multiplayer server (150 turns per game).

Obazu - I love the idea of the mod and I think you executed it pretty well. The skeletons don't seem to be 100% correct (I noticed the lions back legs are a bit weird) but that is not a big deal (look at my mod rodeotest1.tbm for a pretty accurate horse/4 legged animal set up) I would have liked it if the zebra had a bit more movement (maybe a last second dash away from the lion) and there are a lot of turns per game. But it's a well made mod and the triggers etc push it above the competition. Well done!

I will send the prize soon and get the server online asap.

There will be a new theme coming soon!
<the god> the god
<@Smilies2> modding tiem

But there already was a test for that mod .... isnt it stolen?? there are tests for it..
eh
Thank you especially for the feedback.
But the server seems to have aikido set as a mod.