Toribash
View Poll Results: What mod(s) should we use for the tournament?
aikidobigdojo, greykido & rb_greykido
0 Votes / 0%
rouxkido
1 Votes / 100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Nobody is working on anything so i want everybody to work on this.
No strikers vs grapplers thats why we cut sectors.
I'd rather have everybody put in their perspective.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Here is another armbar against an opponent who spaced on his/her first turn. For a higher chance of the armbar to succeed you must try to grab your opponent near the shoulder so they cannot distance themselves from you.

I still struggle with the armbar when there is a regular grabtrade (hands on hands) since it makes it easier for my opponent to distance me from them. What happens a lot when you're too far from your opponent is that the chances of your hand ghosting through your body increases.

Arm Distance

In most aikido matches the opponent starts with a clap but in this match my opponent spaced which left them quite vulnerable. I started with an opening kick with my right leg. This might make your opponent think they will be kicked on their left side.
I then lower my arms which moves my body to the ground which I have to protect from DQing with my right arm. To get enough rotation for the armbar I extend my elbow and wrist. From there I got my foot over their head and secured the armbar.

Flying Armbar

Last edited by TimmyboyG; Nov 10, 2015 at 08:40 PM.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Wouldn't the best way to control an opponents arm be by grabbing his elbow, so he can't contract it anymore. This way you can make sure that he isn't able to grab you and as mentioned before he can't contract it anymore.
You try to get as close to the shoulder as you can get so your legs are closer to his shoulder when doing the armbar. I do agree that grab onto the elbow would be the best way to control an opponents arm but this is more about leverage. The tricep moves a shorter distance when you move your arms so is a secure place to hold on to.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Hello everyone from Team Aikido!

My name is Frosted789, as may be able to see. Who knows you may not be able to. Anyways my real name is Nate and I live in the United States and I'm 16 years old. My GMT is -5 or Eastern Standard Time!

I'm going to keep this short sweet and to the point. I would like to join Team Aikido because I feel as though that after almost three years in the game I am ready to explore further. By explore further I mean, become more involved with all the members of Toribash than I ever was before. I also find this to be a perfect learning opportunity, we can always be better right? Besides, who wouldn't want to meet and learn further from all of the best of Aikido?

In case this matters, I have not had any bans or infractions in the past and I don't plan on getting any in the future!

Thank you ~ Frosted

P.S. I am Galassia. That is another account I had made a little while back.
Attached Files
#Frosted - adhskal.rpl (35.6 KB, 1 views)
#Frosted - Don't give up.rpl (82.6 KB, 1 views)
#Frosted - Get Rekd Pinnky.rpl (35.6 KB, 1 views)
#Frosted - ilyfjytsdgfbn.rpl (38.2 KB, 1 views)
#Frosted - Suplex.rpl (46.2 KB, 1 views)
#Frosted - I am Galassia.rpl (43.9 KB, 1 views)
[Enter signature here]
I somehow managed to do a flying omoplata against BBKing I think, but I didn't save it :/ (didnt bother saving because I thought autosave would be on, turns out it wasn't)
Last edited by TimmyboyG; Nov 12, 2015 at 05:43 PM.

i am a bird now - Lil B

Sorry for the invade.. If I'm right, I saved it. Gona post it tomorrow.