Toribash
Originally Posted by Blam View Post
I like avast! just cos it keeps out of my way (other than the loud as fuck, make you poop your pants "virus database has been updated" sound)

yep, avast is my favorite as well. Not only because Avira doesnt work properly with Windows 7 yet, but also Avast runs with 64bit natively.
Hasnt there been a petition to replace that sound btw ? If not we should definately start one !
<Alan> lol, rutz, it might be cool to smell your ass all the time you touch the mic

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/H4rl/PS/deathnote1-2.png
From my experience, AVG seems to be the best all around anti virus, specially the new 9.0 version which even automatically scans a removable device when its plugged into the machine! One of the major threats that antivirus have been ignoring...

But the best used to be Active Virus Shield by AOL some years ago, it was based on the Kaspersky engine.... But has been discontinued, sadly. AOL fucked it up again.
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Dec 3, 2009 at 09:36 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
Yes, if you cant use avira, I would recommend Avast.

I wouldn't recommend AVG free edition as it has huge false alarm rates and if you don't know what you are doing you might end up deleting important system files (seen it happen).