Ranking
Original Post
What do we like to see?
|

tiem for a cheatsheet for non-ormos

Ok maybe not so much as a cheatsheet where I would tell you exactly what to do when making a replay. More so what we like to see; What really gives us the wow-factor.

I enjoy seeing replays where there is a lot momentum, whether starting out slow and gradually getting faster, or starting out fast and keeping the speed. Now of course this could have a weakness like, "Well, what if there's no style?" That brings me up to my second point. I love seeing new ways people will use to gain momentum, and continue it out. Sure, the concept may be the same for some tactics, but when it's done differently with a new alteration, or you use a completely unique way, it's pretty cool and sets you apart from the average replay makers. If you're able to keep momentum for a long period of time, (especially through a whole replay), you know how to be fluid, direct your momentum, and use it to your advantage.

ormo opinions go
|
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
tsu tsu cuckoo
i like replays where i can say wow i haven't seen this before
wow that
sucked
There's so much unexplored parts of realism replays but no one seems interested in that.

It saddens me that no one is trying to step up to be a new swexx or large. I also noticed that Ormo pays a lot of attention to ukebash and treats other replays like the youngest sibling who doesn't matter, I mean ukebash can be cool and all but the community won't progress like that.
Thoughts?
Parkour like you've never seen before:
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=423045
i really like it when people specifically do things that would be like taking the harder path to do it

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Originally Posted by xlr84life View Post
There's so much unexplored parts of realism replays but no one seems interested in that.

It saddens me that no one is trying to step up to be a new swexx or large. I also noticed that Ormo pays a lot of attention to ukebash and treats other replays like the youngest sibling who doesn't matter, I mean ukebash can be cool and all but the community won't progress like that.
Thoughts?

i think this is just trends, a few years ago you had people complaining that nobody cared about classic gravity anymore and that -30 was the only thing we saw, same thing now except different roles. i dont think realism cant complain much though, you guys just had MAS or whatever that was come up plus some very impressive tricking/realism people being active right now.
oh yeah
I like seeing and making uke explode in new and exciting ways and when people can actually manage their movement to keep a constant pace going.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
I'm a bit of the odd one in that I like simpler replays :s if you hit and dismember (any dismembeing hit, so not manip hits) uke more than 3 times in a replay, I tend to like it less than if you only hit and dismembered twice. Those hits can be boomhits, they just have to be limited in quantity. Past 3, I feel like you're just committing overkill, since you can get crotch block, chest cluster, and neck in 2 - 3 hits and you've basically did everything important.

Similarly, unless you need the extra time for something amazing(tamer's tick of the clock would be an example), if you go over 1000 frames I'm typically going to be bored. Heck, I can get bored after 500 if you take too long to make the intent of the replay known. 500 frames of spinning on the spot can get pretty boring.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
i like replays where i can say "wow i've seen this before but this is better"
beware
the goblin
I like to see something new, i mean, not only moves, but something that is hard to see someone doing in toribash, let's take largekilla and nuthug as an exemple. I really enjoyed when large kicked the soccer ball all the time in the bar or when nut made the spar with the robot, it was really wow, something that a little number of players are capable to do. I like creative things in common things too, such as: Ukebash, Spar, Parkour and Tricking.
i like tricking replays where people do kicks rather than cork a bunch

i like sparring replays that have atleast some kind of cool thing the rest can be generic whatever
by cool thing i mean like a wrestle or a cool punchy thing instead of kicking and purposely missing for 1000 frames

i like madmans where people get all these precise and intricate dms and are fast at the same time
dont get me wrong i like booms but i appreciate really quick precise hitting like i'd rather see a torso be dmed with 3 or 4 quick kicks than like 1 big fuckboom
baha