Ranking
If you are good at Toribash, it takes significantly less time to do "pretty" things in SP. If you sat down a monkey with an infinite lifespan in front of Toribash, it would eventually produce pretty replays too.
Originally Posted by ynvaser View Post
If you are good at Toribash, it takes significantly less time to do "pretty" things in SP. If you sat down a monkey with an infinite lifespan in front of Toribash, it would eventually produce pretty replays too.

And if you are good at SP it takes significantly less time to get good at MP.
If you sat down a monkey with an infinite lifespan in front of Toribash, it would eventually win some games as well.
I'll translate so it doesn't get over your head: There are a lot of good replay makers who aren't that good at mp. Must be related to not having an entire afternoon to edit the match.
I'll translate so it doesn't get over your head: There are a lot of good replay makers who aren't that good at mp. Must be related to not having an entire afternoon to edit the match.

You sound like such a condescending prick that you shouldn't state your opinnion in threads like this.

There are a lot of good MP players who aren't that good at SP. You are proving absolutely nothing except that you are a arrogant douche. Maybe learn to discuss topics before shitposting

If you sat a monkey with an infinite lifespan in front of a typewriter it could write shakespeare too, if I'm remembering your analogy correctly.

Doing pretty things in singleplayer is more than just using your body effectively. Its using your body effectively in ways other people haven't done before, which takes creativity, something which is not nearly as essential for success in multiplayer. That's the primary difference between the two modes, honestly. To be a top level replaymaker, you need intimate familiarity with the movement of tori in order to create unique moves, while in multiplayer you need that familiarity to outplay an opponent. Its like the difference between football and dance

There are also a lot of good multiplayer people who aren't good at making replays. Rfifan is one in particular that I can think of who has admitted to this.
Last edited by Larfen; Jul 21, 2015 at 01:14 AM.
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~
Originally Posted by Larfen View Post

There are also a lot of good multiplayer people who aren't good at making replays. Rfifan is one in particular that I can think of who has admitted to this.

I can admit to this as well, I've spent hundreds of hours in SP but miraculously nothing incredible has come out of it. There are people who do it more, and are geared towards it.
If you sat a monkey with an infinite lifespan in front of a typewriter it could write shakespeare too, if I'm remembering your analogy correctly.

Good catch.

Doing pretty things in singleplayer is more than just using your body effectively. Its using your body effectively in ways other people haven't done before, which takes creativity

I think creativity is the key word when it comes to SP. It's a time consuming process which takes a certain type of person to do well when we assume they aren't nolifing on a single "meh" replay for months. You can't really improve how creative you are, but skills should be improvable by nature.

Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
You sound like such a condescending prick that you shouldn't state your opinnion in threads like this.

I sound like a dick because you did not catch the analogy (I also meant the ORMO thing as a joke). I was only slightly condescending after that became apparent. I'm sorry we misunderstood each other.
Last edited by ynvaser; Jul 21, 2015 at 01:27 AM.
"I think creativity is the key word when it comes to SP. It's a time consuming process which takes a certain type of person to do well when we assume they aren't nolifing on a single replay for months. You can't really improve how creative you are, but skills should be improvable by nature. "

By your logic, writing takes less skill than soccer. They both require a lot of skill, but a different skill-set.

"You can't really improve how creative you are,"
Wow, just wow.

Creativity is a skill, and can be improved.
Originally Posted by cowmeat View Post
By your logic, writing takes less skill than soccer. They both require a lot of skill, but a different skill-set.
Creativity is a skill, and can be improved.

You are wrong. I can learn how to write a book, I can master every aspect of any language to use while making it, I can read the classics in my genre to gain inspiration, but if I'm missing the spark my work is just a knockoff, or whatever is on the back of air refresheners.
You are wrong. I can learn how to write a book, I can master every aspect of any language to use while making it, I can read the classics in my genre to gain inspiration, but if I'm missing the spark my work is just a knockoff, or whatever is on the back of air refresheners.

You are in the wrong here actually.
You are saying that a baby is born with a stock amount of creativity that cant be increased.....

I'm actually going to stop responding to you, because frankly you are a douche and a muppet.