Ranking
Originally Posted by fadibob View Post
I've started 3d modeling like 3 days ago so I can increase my chances of being an items forger so I am here to improve my skills so here is the first model that I made ^^ :

What about my app
I Make ARTs Pm me a Request,OK,Bey.
LINK TO MY FANS CLUB
Anything more?
This is just a torus with a bunch of spheres.
Again, turn on smooth shading.

fadibob I think you are using primitives as too much of a crutch, I like the gold ring one a lot more.

Maybe we should have weekly modeling challenges and post them in art subforum, if they are just small stuff maybe we can inspire more people to pick up making 3d stuff.
Remember in the good old days when we had a LOT of 3d artists around? Personally I got into it because I saw other people's awesome work. Freelancer is probably the guy I could pin it on, he wasn't amazingly skilled to be honest, but man did his work look cool.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
I am still trying to set hair and eyebrows on my model, stopped for a while.

then set materials for rendering or animation.
rigged already.
as I like to model and rig I am on another project, this one will have flat hair.

what are you guys doing in your 3d projects?
I was starting to work on my texturing more, atm I'm trying to make an earth.
I just grabbed a sphere and am now working on the texture, mainly due to the fact that my texturing is ass.
-----
Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
Maybe we should have weekly modeling challenges and post them in art subforum, if they are just small stuff maybe we can inspire more people to pick up making 3d stuff.
Remember in the good old days when we had a LOT of 3d artists around? Personally I got into it because I saw other people's awesome work. Freelancer is probably the guy I could pin it on, he wasn't amazingly skilled to be honest, but man did his work look cool.

It would be cool, but I think the old artists have mostly left us and we are what is left.
Last edited by Kore; Dec 14, 2015 at 06:28 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump

I was recently using toris rigged model for maya to do Tabletop simulator mod for toribashians, nobody plays it.
though my idea is good and I wish to finish.