Toribash
Originally Posted by Karhax View Post
apparently its a good move.
use it, but not all the time.

Yeah, if I were you let him win a couple times to get confident, then use your move again. Then let him win once or twice, then win a lot again... etc. That is usually what I do. This also works against noobs who you think might disconnect because you are owning them so bad. =P
[Triforce]SilentStrike –=:2nd dan Blackbelt:=–

Originally Posted by FNugget View Post
My old mac used to pick up radio when I touched the audio cable to my braces.

dont know if this has been said before...

Im a huge fan of sambo/aikido, and i quite like sumo as well, but not anymore.
whenever i venture into the sumo server im usually greeted by someone on a huge streak using a wierd move where they kick with both feet and then go on all fours, thus knocking the opponent out and pretty much guaranteeing them the win. All credit to the person/s that made it up, its a good move, its just frustrating when its used religiously all the time.

Im no quitter, i've tried many times to beat this move, but im not great, and have ended up losing all of the time (except when i try it myself, but i dont like being annoying so its a rareity).

anyone else share my opinion, it'd be nice to know im not an idiot or just really bad at sumo. oh and if its been mentioned before, sorry
Muddled...
Originally Posted by DizzyReed View Post
wierd move where they kick with both feet and then go on all fours, thus knocking the opponent out and pretty much guaranteeing them the win.

That's from a vid on YouTube.
[23:23:53] <AndChat|700625> Blue eyes ultimate dragon best card
[23:24:29] <AndChat|700625> You know the one with 3 heads
[23:24:39] <~Lightningkid> just like my dick

[11:35:40] <box> Hampa suck
[11:36:21] <hampa> not the first to tell me that today
I wanted to talk about it in another post, but is better here:

I think this:
Imagine you go in a gym to learn karate. When it is time to do kumite (= fight simulation vs another fighter), if you do an oi-zuki (classical punch), and your opponent does the same, he should shout at you "NOOB! STOP IIIIITTT!!!!"??

I think no. It is all envy. You are not a noob, you are learning moves. If you do karate (or every martial arts) and you look at videos of athletes for learning moves, it is noobish? Well, I think no. The same is if you study toribash replays/fights and you do the same moves.

And think about it: if both you and your opponent do the same move, the bout should finish draw. If he loses, it's the proof that your move it's not the same

These situations are, unfortunately, very common in toribash: last week 2 people insulted me because, for them, I have "copied" their "special kick" (and they were insulting each other, too ). Finally I discovered that their kicks were the exact copy of snap kick (see toribash wiki), where mine was a variant (this is why I won )

So, screw about who blame you: first dismember him, then talk! If you win with the same kick every time, the noob is your opponent because he could (and should!) beat you with a counter!
And if someone wants to learn your moves, be gentle with him

P.S. for the vacuum server, remember to extend ankles too! ))
Last edited by gdaedalus; Mar 25, 2008 at 06:28 PM.
Just use it as much as you want, Toribash is a tactical game, if you can keep beating players with it. just keep doing it, dont let their flaming lower you skill ;)
<Hamster> I need a towel
<Hamster> ._.
Originally Posted by RbLcK View Post
And in all honesty, I don't think that the belt will determine the "noobieness" of a player.

I know, belt means nothing. i was just using belts to describe people for to avoid using their names.\

And Gdae no, extending ankles makes it worse...you then go up faster.

But also, I just want to say that i DO change things normally, this isn't my typical fight behavior. But thanks for your opinions on it guys!
Last edited by hidingwarior; Mar 25, 2008 at 07:06 PM.
it depends how many times you use it. like with twin swords i just stay there while the do all these kung-fu style moves. then i just contract both pecs(maybe) and slash their arm off...
I feel that modes where this is possible are simply flawed modes, and either require refining or removal. Some examples of so-called flawed modes:
- Taek Kyon - modifing the mode to 250 DMthreshold and 120 Fracthreshold helps prevent floataway matches.
- Jousting
- Close-engagedistance Twinsword4 - 250+ is far better in my opinion.
"Call yourself alive? I promise you you'll be deafened by dust falling on the furniture,
you'll feel your eyebrows turning to two gashes, and your shoulder blades will ache for want of wings."