ES Recruitment Drive
Re: Toribash 2.0 Pre Order
Im definately buying this Hampa,but I have a rather silly question,will this come as a physical disc or will it just be a download?
'Cuz I hate waiting for something to arrive.
Anyway I love toribash
It will be downloaded, disks could be an option in the future.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Originally Posted by veb
It will be downloaded, disks could be an option in the future.

YAY!! .

I feel the game isn't mature enough yet to warrent having to pay for it, needs a bit more polish.
As a throught when it is more mature hampa should look into releasing it on steam or something similar.

There are a few basicly one man games out there though that are alot more advanced than this, the roller coaster tycoon series I think is basicly done by one guy(atleast the first 2 in the series). There is also this game http://www.fl-tw.com/Infinity/index.php (a fully procedually generated galaxy with smooth space to planet transitions) which all the programming is done by one guy in his free time
Well, i'm definetely going to buy, once I save up enough money. And the only reason why i'm buying it is because:

I get to host my own server! YAY! I always wanted that feature. Always. I'm ready to pay anything for it.
Waah Waah how can you expect me to pay 15$ for a COMPUTER GAME??
I could go to the movies for that money and be entertained for TWO FULL HOURS, how is toribash EVER going to beat this? I'm totally going to steal the game because people who work hard don't deserve anything!
Now excuse me while I shove a broomstick up my ass.

Seriously though, I'll preorder it even though I haven't played in a while.

@Fatty
Im also really looking forward to the infinity project! however:

a) its not out
b) it wont be free when it comes
Originally Posted by di4gram
Originally Posted by Shademonger
I find it so funny that the people who are complaining about having to pay for this are the ones that have posted like...1 or 2 posts on the forum Good riddence guys, we've got a lovely community goin here.

I have a question. Are you planning on buying more copies of Toribash when the money from the existing community runs out? Do you really think that a community which has accumulated relatively few people over 3 years is going to last another 3 years if it costs money?

Do the math. I can play other games: I don't need Toribash, though I do find it fun. Toribash will charge, some people will pay (less than the current active community, I wager), it will make maybe enough money to run a year, and then what? Where does the money come from? New players? I don't think that enough new players will join annually in its current state plus a fee, especially given the fact that the graphics are not very impressive. I'm not dumping on the author, I'm simply explaining why the plan will not work.

Thats the absolute truth