ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
What causes the ping disconnect?
Honestly why do so many people ping the whole time (including me)

My Internet is totally fine and only Toribash is a multiplayer game where pings and disconnects appear.

Would be nice to know how and why this is caused.

Thanks
Chaz
Yea, this happened to me too, and I think to everyone. Sometimes when someone pinging, it was like affecting other players connection in the same server too like make another players pinging or lagging.
If I recall correctly this issue started to appear pretty often since the 5.0 update.
[Steam] [Art] [Music]
I personally don't know a ton of computers but I know that when I have multiple browsers open or multiple apps open, I tend to ping and lag a lot more. I found that if you have Skype open, it causes quite a bit of lag for me in toribash. If you run skype or other programs similar it may be part of the problem. Discord is a good alternative because it doesn't cause lag in my experience, and it also has good IP protection, which skype does not. Also you should try to do a speed test and check your internet speed.

tl;dr

Close some of your browsers and unused applications if you have any open, if you run skype it tends to cause a lot of lag. Discord is a good alternative to skype, it doesn't cause lag and it has good up protection. Do an internet speed test too.
Last edited by Kozmonaut; Aug 3, 2016 at 12:23 PM.
you're on thin ice, pal
Well my Internet is working fine. Good up and down speeds with a constant connection.

Thing is you might be right with skype in my case. After thinking about this corelation with skype and toribash this could be it.

Thanks i will check if that is the problem
Probably server issues, I can't stay in a room more than 1 min before getting disconnected and this never happened to me before.
It occurs when one or more parts of a connection between computers or servers is too slow. It's when you are the slowest connection basically. It can occur if you have firewalls too.

This isn't just toribash, this can happen in any online multiplayer game.
(If i am wrong, someone correct me please)

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."