people playing: 75, servers online: 23, games played: 142,000,000 Top Player: Imperial

Toribash Community » General » Off-Topic » Computer/Mobile Chat
Register FAQ General Rules Community

Old Aug 30, 2018   #1
cocacobra
q

4th Dan Black Belt

PC UPGRADE!!
Hey nerds gotta keep this subforum alive somehow
https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cocaco...d/#view=knTMZL

all the things marked as purchased are the things i already own. THere is some bottleneck and i may upgrade the 570 or xfire after a few months

l m k what you guys think yes!
i created the ??? emoji
like a lighter bitch we ignit
cocacobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2018   #2
Kangax

Black Belt

looks good, an ssd would be a good investment for you though. i have a small 120gb one for windows and program files, and i have a 500gb one for games and other stuff
Professional Cuck ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Kangax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2018   #3
cocacobra
q

4th Dan Black Belt

i was thinking of it, probably would be a good upgrade for later

trying to spread this out over some time so i can save for it
a 128 is only like $60 or something right
i created the ??? emoji
Old Aug 30, 2018   #4
THIGGIST

THIGGIST

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: NO

anyone got a spare 1150 thread cpu mine died
THIGGIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2018   #5
cocacobra
q

4th Dan Black Belt

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/cocacobra/saved/knTMZL
click this instead
ive got a spare amd fx8350 thats all yours if i upgrade! only 6 years old!
i created the ??? emoji
Old Aug 30, 2018   #6
Kangax

Black Belt

nah dude, you can get a good 128 for like 16 dollars
-----
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...XsGCFcQgTYIiQY
Professional Cuck ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited by Kangax; Aug 30, 2018 at 08:58 PM.. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Kangax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2018   #7
cocacobra
q

4th Dan Black Belt

wtf thats so worth

how do i move windows over
i created the ??? emoji
Old Aug 30, 2018   #8
Finn

8th Dan Black Belt
Clan: Midnight

Definitely get an SSD, new Kingston A400 are fine SSD's and extremely cheap at just 30$ for a 120gig SSD and 50$ for a 240gig.

Upgrade kit looks good, 1700x is a bit of a weird pick for US buyers though since you can either get a higher-clocked 1800x for the same price or get the slightly lower clocked 1700 for significantly cheaper that also comes with a stock cooler if you ever need it. Also if you'll only be gaming/doing light productive work an R5 2600 might be a better bet seeing as that is only like 160$ and will have almost the exact same gaming performance if not better because it's from Ryzen 2 which has slightly better IPC and stuff.

Ryzen benefits from higher clocked ram so if you can find the room to fit a corsair vengeance lpx kit or a g-skill ripjaws v at 3000mhz that could be useful.

Don't go for crossfire, barely any games support it and even if they do it normally only gives about a 40% performance benefit so uh... not worth it. If you want to upgrade probably grab one of the new RTX 2000 series cards when they come out.

Big ole sidenote: Hyper 212 evo doesn't fit the AM4 socket without a special bracket so probably get that from somewhere if you wanna use it.

[Evil]
Event Squad
Finn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2018   #9
THIGGIST

THIGGIST

5th Dan Black Belt
Clan: NO

thx coca
THIGGIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 30, 2018   #10
cocacobra
q

4th Dan Black Belt

Originally Posted by Finn View Post
Upgrade kit looks good, 1700x is a bit of a weird pick for US buyers though since you can either get a higher-clocked 1800x for the same price or get the slightly lower clocked 1700 for significantly cheaper that also comes with a stock cooler if you ever need it. Also if you'll only be gaming/doing light productive work an R5 2600 might be a better bet seeing as that is only like 160$ and will have almost the exact same gaming performance if not better because it's from Ryzen 2 which has slightly better IPC and stuff.

1800x is same price as a 1700x... think I'm gonna go for that, the r5 2600 is so fucking mad value. What is IPC? Here's what I'm referencing https://www.cpubenchmark.net/compare...69vs2966vs3243
Ryzen benefits from higher clocked ram so if you can find the room to fit a corsair vengeance lpx kit or a g-skill ripjaws v at 3000mhz that could be useful.

I looked into that, the only difference from 2400mhz to 3000mhz is like 2-5fps average in games, I might go with the higher clock just so if i want to add another stick i can do that later

Don't go for crossfire, barely any games support it and even if they do it normally only gives about a 40% performance benefit so uh... not worth it. If you want to upgrade probably grab one of the new RTX 2000 series cards when they come out.

Big ole sidenote: Hyper 212 evo doesn't fit the AM4 socket without a special bracket so probably get that from somewhere if you wanna use it.

No xfire. Got it. Hyper 212 Evo bracket is like 10$ probably just gonna do it, I like this cooler.
i created the ??? emoji