Ranking
Originally Posted by wibblefox View Post
I wouldn't want to upgrade a prebuild until I had checked out each of the components in the box.

Yeah, Flames you probably should check the stuff in your PC and such if you haven't yet, measure how much space you have for your GPU etc, and you should probably get a new PSU just in case if the PSU fails because of the new GPU, there's a possibility that the PSU kills all of your parts in your PC. Sure you can use the current one you have in your pc at your own risk when you get the GPU.
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
alright, so I'll get an upgraded power source, probably the one you suggested if that's pretty good quality. No clue what "Mobos" are but rid they arnt important then cool. So my motherboard is fine? it says the video card slots are 1 PCI Express x16 (Gen2.0), 3 PCI Express x1 (Gen2.0), and 1 PCI Express Mini Card x1. So can any card connect to those? or would I need to get an adapter or something. I heard good things about the GTX 960 from friends so I might go for that one

EDIT: so the PCU is basically the power supply right?
Last edited by Flames; Jul 12, 2016 at 06:54 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!
Mobo=Motherboard
PSU=Power Supply Unit
CPU=Processor(Central Processing Unit)
GPU=Graphics Card(Graphics Processing Unit)
etc..

And Yeah, you should be able to connect GTX 960 to your motherboard. If you get a new PSU, it will include the cabels you need to connect the graphics card.
Last edited by hunter; Jul 12, 2016 at 07:33 PM.
"raawr says the dinosaur right?"
~◆~
[OSHI,TA,OoT,RMO]
hmm ok that makes sense. Thanks a bunch for the help guys! once I get my pay check I'll be doing this. Closing thread
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Selling/buying tc or items? PM Flow!