Toribash
Original Post
The most effective abd starter?
Hey, I've been using noob clap with relax and contracted wrists in abd or aikido generally, I'm used to it, actually for me it's the easiest and simplest move which can't make me panic while doing it and I can easily control myself.
So what about you? what's the simplest move you think it can be helpful?
Do you hate noob claps? if yes, why?
the noob clap is good, but if you're bored of it just do the noobclap and do some shit with your chest and legs, you should be aight. just try not to fuck up too much. I guess a snapkick is good too. but the most easiest clap to control is a hold all one.
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
The shovel.

shovel 'er right in the pussy, amirite?
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
shovel is the strongest opener but can be countered. also it is frowned upon.

noob clap is great, can be used for many variable setups
relax all
contract pecs
contract wrists
contract hips
contract knees

should look something like this
https://gyazo.com/2b33844089dedd7e3584d5f033f32a5b
helps with lifts and countering lifts
Altered claps work the best in my opinion.
They counter kicks and shovels, depending on what you alter of course.

I find my variation that I've been using for years counters most moves effectively giving nobody an instant advantage and keeping both players in neutral positions.

Playing with the chest is a good idea and making sure your pecs match your chest movement can even give you an arm break opportunity if the opponent lowers the corresponding arm (or attempts to shovel.)

Snap kicks can easily be prevented too with such movements with the addition of using the lumbar and glutes in the following turnframe.
Not going into great detail because I like keeping my tricks to myself!

It's basically just the best all round approach.

-----

One thing I'd note though is that you should really just experiment and see what works for you. Only reason I use my opener consistently now is because I kept changing it and adapting it to accommodate different play styles.
Last edited by Snook; Nov 14, 2015 at 12:46 AM.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Okay,
First of all Shovel, I can't deny it's actually simple and strong, but it Requires no skill at all, you keep doing the same move, Throw out of the dojo. This why people hate it and they think it's unfair, so I don't like to use it.
Noob clap: It's good in self control 90% you don't mess up your starter, you don't mess at all till the 3rd frame at least. If you good enough, you can counter your opponent movement with only relaxing and holding.
Imaslyaa, I think you need to right rotate or left rotate in 2nd or 3rd frame, you can't lift in that position, I think.. It depends on the opponent's movement, I don't like to risk at first of frames, so nope.
Yes, Snook, and I won't keep my style or tricks for myself, actually I start my match simply with a noob clap, depends on the other player, if he snap kick I contract elbow and raise arms and rotate to the opposite side, it helps as counter, I extend my elbow ''It kinda lifts him'' then I extend wrist it lifts him more if he didn't counter.
And I sometimes lowride my arm while grabbing his hands, extend pecs and contract wrists and contract or extend my elbow but with my wrists contracted, or I raise my arm and rotate chest which kinda looks like a shovel but it's not... and sometimes I relax and depend on my opponent moves and it actually makes me crouch so I can extend my hips and ankles and raise arms, etc to lift or dm/frac him by attacking him.
SO, I think for now I see the noob clap is the best?
That move is too OP for me, Can you explain more how does it work? is it a SHOVEL?