Ranking
Original Post
Cust Head Problem : "Upload failed. Make sure the file as a .tga file" - it is!!
Hey guys,

So I just exported my head texture from Photoshop. 128x128 , 32 bit ( altho 16/24 don't work either ), no RLE compression, .TGA . Btw it works in Toribash when I add it to the heads directory and add the filename to allheads.txt.

But trying to upload it, I get this message from the server: "Upload failed. Make sure the file as a .tga file"

The name of the file is 'MamboFreak.tga'. Could the problem be that I'm on a Mac and so something weird has happened to the file? Permissions problem?

I couldn't find this problem elsewhere on the forum, so I'm stumped

Any ideas?

Cheers,

mambo
Re: Cust Head Problem : "Upload failed. Make sure the file as a .tga file" - it is!!
Doing this to me too.. i think its with the thing, not the files

[T]
#hi

Re: Cust Head Problem : "Upload failed. Make sure the file as a .tga file" - it
Originally Posted by MamboFreak
Hey guys,

So I just exported my head texture from Photoshop. 128x128 , 32 bit ( altho 16/24 don't work either ), no RLE compression, .TGA . Btw it works in Toribash when I add it to the heads directory and add the filename to allheads.txt.

But trying to upload it, I get this message from the server: "Upload failed. Make sure the file as a .tga file"

The name of the file is 'MamboFreak.tga'. Could the problem be that I'm on a Mac and so something weird has happened to the file? Permissions problem?

I couldn't find this problem elsewhere on the forum, so I'm stumped

Any ideas?

Cheers,

mambo

Let me take a look at it.

Can you send it to hampa_at_toribash_com
it has to be 24-bit.
I has a flavour
Re: Cust Head Problem : "Upload failed. Make sure the file as a .tga file" - it is!!
Emailed. It's 24 bit.

Originally Posted by Ishi
Doing this to me too.. i think its with the thing, not the files

Out of interest, are you on a Mac too? Could just be some weird incompatibility of our files.

Thanks guys,
mambo
Yeah, always happens to my heads too even if they are perfect, a good test to see if its a mac problem is to give a head made on mac to a pc user to upload. Soo... my customers?
also, make sure it is not compressed :P
I has a flavour
Hampa just uploaded it to ToriUpdate, what a legend

Did you find any problems with the server script in the end?

Originally Posted by Zaarock
Yeah, always happens to my heads too even if they are perfect, a good test to see if its a mac problem is to give a head made on mac to a pc user to upload. Soo... my customers?

I was gonna try that but I thought it wouldn't make any difference because the file was created on a mac..