ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
SqueakyWafflez'es Electronic Music Comp.!
Helloo everybody. I've got like fncking 70ish thousand TCs (Last time I checked, I don't remember being hacked though, so it should all be there. :3)

I'm hosting an electronic music competition!

House, Progressive, Dubstep, Techno, etc., etc.

Here are the few rules

-Max. 2 Songs per contestant,
-Songs with live instruments and singing are allowed, so long as they are backed up with heavy electronics.
-If you remix a song I MIGHT take off points, but if you do it has to be superb and I will give extra points.
-If any less than 5 people sign up then I cannot continue with the event.
-Make sure you list the programs that you used when making the song, and any extra hardware that might have been used.

Post here to register that you will be involved in the competition, and I can tell whether or not enough people will join.

Deadline for registration is whenever 5 people join period.
Deadline for songs is a month after that.

Prizes! Huzzah!

1st - 55k TCs and all 4 texture trails. (kind of spent money. Ehheh)
2nd. - Jackshit
3rd - The sad knowing that you came after the guy who was awarded Jackshit.

I will be judging by how much the song fits together, and how well it was done. I will have help judging from a friend (or two)
Last edited by SqueakyWafflez; Jun 29, 2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: actually having a life stuff, updating.
Wot.
McDill is out, Whatever I guess McDill will take whoever does not add their entries, Lagswitch has taken McDill's spot.
Waiting on Phantom, TthunderR, and Gymbash. You have 2 days.
Wot.
Not sure if it matters, but should I post an EQ'd version of each song?(The youtube versions are raw mixes)
Originally Posted by SqueakyWafflez View Post
Whatever I guess McDill will take whoever does not add their entries, .

I meant SlyBash.
(BashSly)
@Lagswitch; the judging will begin after you post your EQ if you want to.
If your raw mixes are worse than the EQd then you might want to post the EQd version
Wot.
I'll just leave em, the only issue is the fact that "time and time again" was randomly bass boosted somehow when i rendered the video. IF it hurts the quality of the song, I'd be proud of myself.
Okay, judging begins now, I'll consult a few of my friends and see which one of you will win. We'll first knock out a few of the contestants to narrow it down.
-----
Okay, Torilose (Whom we all probably knew wasn't going to last very long in this competition anyways), Oxizer (You seriously probably put some more effort into those songs, boeh), and kuroneko (The songs were pretty repetitive, and beats were plain) Have been knocked out of the competition.
If you have any complaints about why you've been knocked out, then please, write it on a note and shove it up your ass.
Last edited by SqueakyWafflez; Jul 19, 2012 at 10:52 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Wot.
AkopZZZ Has been eliminated. (I loved the whole horror theme, that was a plus for me, but the techno song was pretty repetitive, and the dubstep's song's buildup was impressive, the drop however was a disappointment)
-----
BashSly has been eliminated. The first song was nice, and I really liked it. And you're lucky I have bassy headphones and could hear the bass tone in the song. The other song, however, was pretty boring and repetitive, and the squeeze effect on the vocals at the beginning weren't all so great. d: Sorry. Although, your understanding of music is unmatched.
Well contestants, this leaves only Clockwork and... What's his face... Ah yes! LagSwitch.
Last edited by SqueakyWafflez; Jul 22, 2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Wot.
well that's a bittersweet rejection, first one to be eliminated. guess i could try again next time (if there will be next one, i suppose)
pennis and also dicke and balls
@CrazyTaco: Perhaps next time I earn up some money somehow. *never plays ingame*
IN OTHER NEWS, LagSwitch has been eliminated! It has come to a very hard decision between you and Clockwork, but my friends and I have come to conclude that your first song wasn't exactly too great. (Sorry) which really brought down the score on the second one. Clockwork is now our winner and I will award him his prize.
Wot.