ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Bumpmapping
^^^^ how can I bumpmap my textures? I have the stuff to let me but when I upload it doesn't do anything different.

-------------------
Bumpmap hasn't yet been implemented ingame yet. Im pretty sure they're planning to put it in 4.0 however.
Bumpmapping textures allow you to put more 4d like effect into your textures.
You can acctually see the depths inside them.
Unlike normals. You can turn this texture in a real round perfect fist.
This will be even improved when 4.0 is released.
This texture is expensive for a reason, this quality is newly improved and highly improved.
This is better than all other textures i suggest.
This also brings up a glowing effect. your texture acctually glows.
Dor more inpormation pm me.
What? No.

Bumpmap adds updating shadows. You need to make a "normal map" as the texture for them to work. There are probably old tutorials laying around for that.
Originally Posted by kooky View Post
Bumpmapping textures allow you to put more 4d like effect into your textures.
You can acctually see the depths inside them.
Unlike normals. You can turn this texture in a real round perfect fist.
This will be even improved when 4.0 is released.
This texture is expensive for a reason, this quality is newly improved and highly improved.
This is better than all other textures i suggest.
This also brings up a glowing effect. your texture acctually glows.
Dor more inpormation pm me.

Originally Posted by FNugget View Post
What? No.

Bumpmap adds updating shadows. You need to make a "normal map" as the texture for them to work. There are probably old tutorials laying around for that.

Lol slayed

On topic though, I though they were already in the game, because on my old comp, every time I /dl /lp 1 someone with bumpmaps, my game would crash...
i'm not sure if this works
but i think u need to turn on ur bump mapping options in the options menu in toribash app
and i think shaders must be on as well
Bumpmapping is in 3.9, you just need to take off shaders, as it doesn't work with shaders enabled. As stated above, you to buy the bumpmap item and add a normal map to it. There might not be many tutorials on the forum, but there are other tutorials across the internet about bumpmapping and you can simply google to find them.