Ranking
Original Post
Advertising
This game is gonna die if we don't advertise it, why not make a fundraiser or an event of some sorts that can raise money to go towards advertising?? Like a huge event with a USD fee with a prize that would make people pay the (ex. 1 usd) money to join it? For example, clan league or the tori games, something that gets a lot of attention and participation from players, you charge a fee and have a prize thats worth paying for and let people join and the funds raised go towards advertising.

Even if you charged TC and had staff sell the tc, you charge 15k (example price) to enter, have a base prize that isnt raised by people entering and paying the fee, then you get lots of participation and sell the tc for usd on a MS hosted tc sale or something.

Maybe even have another tori lottery, and instead of just sinking the tc, sell it to players and then use the usd to advertise for it.

The game is dying and new players arent gonna join consistently if you dont show the game, this game has such good potential for esports and to be a popular game in general, why not put the effort in to grow the community when it needs it??
you're on thin ice, pal
I agree with the advertising but I see one problem.

People don't like paying for tourney's. If I recall correctly us MSquad and ES made this specific event only twice, it was the one where it's like ESVictory but you gotta pay to enter and if you lost you would get specced and if you wanted to, you could pay again. It didn't go so well because not a lot of people would enter and it was just be like 6 people fighting for it let alone making it like 1 dollar for an entry, also how would that work with USD?

But yeah this game does need advertising in like a popular gaming site.
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
Yeah, I can see that being a problem, but you saw the torilottery, that event got a ton of entries and had 6+ million tc sunk, at the current TC/USD rate, (15k per usd) thats over 400 usd if the staff decided to sell it to raise money to go solely towards advertising. Idk how much advertising costs, but that would be a step in the right direction to reviving this community and giving back what this game deserves, a healthy community with an active player base like it used to.
you're on thin ice, pal
Here's my idea.

I believe that a fundraising/promo stream should be hosted.

Possible guests could be the Nabi Studios team as well as maybe hampa himself.

We show off the game for people who haven't seen it before, do raffles, giveaways, lotteries, etc. People can donate usd to enter a lottery or something along those lines.

But I don't think it willl happen in all honesty, as it seems like the attention to try and keep people interested is slowly dwindling in the our staff team.

i miss you ocean
Okay, let's analyse this to get a good feel of how advertisement would affect this game.

We get the funds in, let's say, 1 month from now and launch an advertisement. The game gets around 20k new players that attempt to play this game and flood the servers. What happens? Beginner servers will be full, raising the max clients will crash the servers, new players won't know how to play the game and 90% will quit of frustration because of the learning curve and almost no guidance in terms of tutorials. After a month or two all the people who got to game through advertisement will be long gone and like 0.01% will stick around because they actually get some enjoyment in the game.

The current state of the game is not suitable for new players, current servers are accustomed to rough average of daily amount of players so the new wave would destroy the hosting server, it does not have any successful rewarding system which would keep players engaged and motivate them to keep playing the game and finally it still has many bugs and crashes up to this day as it can be seen in technical support board.

Before launching such project as advertisement you have to understand that the advertisement itself is only around 5% of all process, there is a lot of preparation and planning that has to go into it if you want the advertisement to actually be effective and worth the money. The current state of the game is not fit for advertisement so project to fix up the game and make it beginner friendly would take months to plan let alone execute it. In addition to that sever upgrades would be inevitable to support the wave of new players and this could even cost more than the advertisement itself.
Last edited by Smaguris; Mar 11, 2017 at 01:26 AM.
Make the game good, then advertise it, that simple.

Toribash has lots of advertising already from youtube videos, probably 100,000,000 + views on youtube. If you advertise the game now people will join, play, then leave just like they always have. I agree with everything Smaguris is saying.

I also agree about the potential with Toribash, but Sir, who is currently calling the shots on development, is totally against competitiveness and the esport potential.
Last edited by FistofLife; Mar 11, 2017 at 02:34 AM.
sir when asked if tb has any ads running:
Originally Posted by sir View Post
No, at least not that I know of. Used to run some minor ads years ago, but there's barely any need in them now that the game is on Steam. Biggest issue is the retention rate, not Toribash being hard to discover.

There's already hundreds of people finding the game every couple days. We get a lot of new users.

Toribash doesn't need any ads. We need to find (and actually use) ways of making sure some people stay and stick with the game, rather than quitting for its complexity. Maybe once user retention rate goes up and Nabi's getting some more cash, we could find use in advertising the game.

Smag pretty much has it in a nutshell.
Last edited by Kahn; Mar 11, 2017 at 02:14 PM.

Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
We get the funds in, let's say, 1 month from now and launch an advertisement. The game gets around 20k new players that attempt to play this game and flood the servers. What happens? Beginner servers will be full, raising the max clients will crash the servers, new players won't know how to play the game and 90% will quit of frustration because of the learning curve and almost no guidance in terms of tutorials. After a month or two all the people who got to game through advertisement will be long gone and like 0.01% will stick around because they actually get some enjoyment in the game.

people don't quit because of frustration, they quit because of the bad gaming engine... each player has to wait for like 10-15 min to get his turn which is kinda boring... well for us, we just get in the queue and do some internet surfing but new players don't do that and their attention is all into the game.. that is why they quit because of boredom...

Here's a simple thing, just improve the gaming engine, let whole server players fight or atleast, p1 vs p2 and p3 vs p4... that will improve alot...
I know bringing this system is not an easy task for devs but, something has to be done
Last edited by Jaker250; Mar 12, 2017 at 03:26 PM.
Death offered by: TyZi ; Butler ; Sunther ; Manitoda
Originally Posted by Jaker250 View Post
people don't quit because of frustration, they quit because of the bad gaming engine... each player has to wait for like 10-15 min to get his turn which is kinda boring... well for us, we just get in the queue and do some internet surfing but new players don't do that and their attention is all into the game.. that is why they quit because of boredom...

Here's a simple thing, just improve the gaming engine, let whole server players fight or atleast, p1 vs p2 and p3 vs p4... that will improve alot...
I know bringing this system is not an easy task for devs but, something has to be done

This is unrelated to the thread topic.

Advertising on official level (read as: Nabi spending money on ads / paying youtubers to play the game) isn't going to happen, at least now. The game isn't ready, and we have steam public visibility rounds still available which will be used at some point in future.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
This is unrelated to the thread topic.

oh.. sorry i meant to quote Smarguris's post... imma edit it now
Death offered by: TyZi ; Butler ; Sunther ; Manitoda