Ranking
Original Post
Ranking Updates
This thread's purpose is to gather more thoughts on Matchmaking and how it should work.

Toribash development team is currently focused on making the Matchmaking system work as you would expect a proper matchmaking to, and we would like to make sure our current plans fit community's desires and views on it. Any thoughts and new ideas are welcome and will be considered.

What is currently planned to be implemented:

• Ranked - a "first to 3" duel
    • No mod choice - players get to fight in randomly selected mods (mod changes each fight).
      Draft mod list: aikidobigdojo.tbm, taekkyon.tbm, lenshu3ng.tbm (or rk-mma.tbm), judofrac.tbm
    • Brown belt restriction
    • Seasonal rank resets (3 months for season length)
    • No daily rank 1 reward. Instead, weekly rewards for top n players or one-time reward at the end of the season.
    • Matchmaking being the only way to rank up.

• Unranked - a "first to 2" duel
    • Pick the mod group to play
    • No belt restriction

We also plan to disable daily rank 1 rewards for now as it has turned into "farm rank without getting caught" fest.
It doesn't mean that everybody with top ranks farmed their way up, but Event Squad members have to deal with rank-related reports on almost a daily basis. We may still reward top players in some way.

EDIT (10/03/2017):
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Matchmaking mods have been changed, mod list now consists of "classic" mods.

Grappling: aikido.tbm, aikidobigdojo.tbm, greykido.tbm
Kicking: taekkyon.tbm, erthtkv2.tbm, kickbox.tbm
Striking: lenshu3ng.tbm, rk-mma.tbm, wushu3box.tbm

Last edited by sir; Mar 12, 2017 at 12:12 AM.
Quit should make the quitter loose 2 elo or something bigger. The other guy should get nothing though.

And i agree with fol. U loose more elo in 2 lost games then u win in 3 wins if u are up there in the leaderboard.
Elo/won duelbsounds better imo
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
the penalty on leaving in ranked games should be bigger, i think a temporal ban from matchmaking or a waiting time before the next matchmake game (like in LoL) would reduce the number of players who just play 2 games and straight up leave
Bumping this, looking for new suggestions.

Some of the new things we plan to add with Season 2:
  • Rank Tiers
  • Elo decay

10 games requirement to qualify for ranking (similar to what we had for last few days of S1) would apply since the beginning of the season.

Mod suggestions are welcome but I'll be posting a community poll in the coming days.
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Bumping this, looking for new suggestions.

Some of the new things we plan to add with Season 2:
  • Rank Tiers
  • Elo decay

10 games requirement to qualify for ranking (similar to what we had for last few days of S1) would apply since the beginning of the season.

Mod suggestions are welcome but I'll be posting a community poll in the coming days.

I think having rank tiers is a great idea, ranked positions can't really be reliable when giving an accurate representation of ones skill level.

I think a good idea would be to include a leaderboard within the client itself and to have user profile pages to view people's ranked match history as well as past season rankings and match statistics.

I would also like to see a ranked matchmaking button within the multiplayer lobby screen.

Edit: and also the ability to spectate other's ranked games
Last edited by Hagan; Jul 12, 2017 at 12:21 AM.
Originally Posted by Hagan View Post
I think having rank tiers is a great idea, ranked positions can't really be reliable when giving an accurate representation of ones skill level.

I think a good idea would be to include a leaderboard within the client itself and to have user profile pages to view people's ranked match history as well as past season rankings and match statistics.

I would also like to see a ranked matchmaking button within the multiplayer lobby screen.

Edit: and also the ability to spectate other's ranked games

Seriously everything hagan says is really good, and I would like to emphasize the fact to make the match make button MUCH more visible. That's all for me great job so far.
"Durex < Qualatex"-Sassy
DruggedPanda also wants to be famous
maybe add like 30 tc per game win, in ranked games.encourage the lower belts to get involved more, making ranked more active, since they play the most.
Last edited by killer3366; Nov 11, 2017 at 04:53 PM.
Dot dot dot
Bump.

What would you like to see implemented with season 3? Matchmaking system changes? Any forum updates? Let us know and we'll try our best to add it before the start of next season.
I'd suggest making it a bit harder to get to Platinum rank. There were not enough people playing to make it kinda competitive in my opinion.

The full pack has to be more special and be restricted to only a few players in my opinion. Maybe top 50 or even less
[TLL]
id wanna see our elo raise again when the opponent leaves in midgame instead of just making him lose elo, its annoying
Find me ingame and duel me