Toribash
I miss 2013 and 2014 because tb was hella fun. Anyways bet servers are dead because there's so much riggers right now that everyone just goes fucking broke and stops playing.
e.x. Dude sb's 100k, loses an arm and gets decapped. STILL MANAGES TO WIN and win 500k at the end, along with a 69k rake like I mean come on.
Not only that but there aren't even any duelers, it's like 7% of the community are duelers, i dont know about you guys but I have the most fun when I duel, and you can even ask any actual dueler that dueling makes toribash 1000000x more fun as opposed to just playing private etc, but I also understand if you rather play single player or clan wars or market etc but that's just my 2 cents.
I posted a thread a long time ago http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=523260 about how toribash was dying but ok no one believes me! shitpost! And look just like I predicted it's even more dead than it used to be. So dead that i havent seen a bet server filled since beginning of last week. ya this game is dead
I mean, just look at the recent update with 5.0

reference

The biggest hype in all of Toribash was for when this update would come out, and when it did I can say easily the biggest disappointment besides kyure not being fired ages ago. Only thing remotely entertaining was matchmaking and the events they set up with it eg(Seek and destroy). Feels like they will never add anything with fresh light eg(Watch Odlov suggested) and gives the feeling the game has no where to go/is dying.

I can name a significant amount of players that just stay on toribash for the forums. Heck, even a majority of staff don't even play anymore (Besides es since that's their job). The people that DO play ingame mostly tire out and quit a week later. Then we have new players entering the game. Either they work through the learning curve and turn into a new community member, or the quit after a day or two of trying. Old players had something to work with back then eg(What link said), but now there is hard to see something new and exciting in terms of replay making, art, and ingame playing.

Was just my two cents, yeah I think the game is dying, but not as fast as people are trying to suggest.
Originally Posted by Worm View Post
I mean, just look at the recent update with 5.0

reference

The biggest hype in all of Toribash was for when this update would come out, and when it did I can say easily the biggest disappointment besides kyure not being fired ages ago. Only thing remotely entertaining was matchmaking and the events they set up with it eg(Seek and destroy). Feels like they will never add anything with fresh light eg(Watch Odlov suggested) and gives the feeling the game has no where to go/is dying.

I can name a significant amount of players that just stay on toribash for the forums. Heck, even a majority of staff don't even play anymore (Besides es since that's their job). The people that DO play ingame mostly tire out and quit a week later. Then we have new players entering the game. Either they work through the learning curve and turn into a new community member, or the quit after a day or two of trying. Old players had something to work with back then eg(What link said), but now there is hard to see something new and exciting in terms of replay making, art, and ingame playing.

Was just my two cents, yeah I think the game is dying, but not as fast as people are trying to suggest.

Literally everything you said is true, I quit toribash for like a month or so, and now that I'm back it's getting old again, I wish they'd do something good, and if staff came on more then it would be amazing.
Back in action bitches.
Dueling usd is what makes this game fun for me still, but since i havent done so in a while im starting to notice that this game is getting boring and dying.
Their needs to be events fixed for the new users , they're new they focus on tc they need to know the aspect of toribash is creativity , fun.If the event squad could do that we're solid I have ideas but I am not event squad
I agree with pouffy, but that's another cup of milk for another plate of cookies.
As said previously, Toribash is a hard game to learn unless you have a natural talent for it right from the get go. Now pair this with the fact that once you hit the top there's nothing much else you can do besides browse the forums and increase the amount of tc in your pocket. Put those two statements in a blender and the only smoothe you'll be getting is one deviod of people new or old. Toribash is on a decline, yes. Is Toribash in danger of dying off? Maybe. Is this fixable? Yes. Do I know how to fix this? I wish.
Anyway these are just my thoughts. I'd love to hear from the rest of you guys on this matter.
The Future is Bulletproof
"How r people still in jail? Just make alts lol" -Wizard
the cause is obvious
just like what odlov said the game has stayed the same for basically 10 years of course there is going to be decline that's natural i thought the main discussion lies in whether we can get more people into this community
unless a staff member wants to show statistics we really can't determine many causes
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Of course, sorry about that. I was just trying to clear up what direction the thread should be going in, since your last post hinted at a really limited discussion.

In any case

Yeah, the community is slowly dying. Or, at least it appears that way. More than a few subsections of the community are stagnating (art, dueling has been mentioned), and correct me if I'm wrong, but that probably doesn't spell good things for the community in general. I can't really speak firsthand about how things were a few years ago, but I hear a hell of a lot of good things.

Even if it weren't dying in particular, the fanbase for TB is really... really small. Like what, 7000-8000 players at best (ranks usually linger at around 4000, a list I made a while ago had only about 3030 active players)? Better ways of retaining players and keeping things interesting would be extremely helpful, regardless of whether the community is actually dying or not. I don't think a little bit more activity can do anything except be a help for a community as small as this one.

I think over the years people have hashed out why this is really well. The game has a crazy steep learning curve, and there isn't enough variety or development to keep players interested. The one thing the game does have going for it is that once a player is hooked, they'll stay for a really long time, either just through the forums or by actively playing the game, or both.

Even if you don't necessarily agree with that, I think it should be pretty unanimous that there isn't one single thing that we can do to alleviate the problem(s). You'd probably have to start doing a bunch of different things geared toward both helping new players assimilate into the community as well as introducing enough variety and development to prevent previously invested players from leaving.

The first would probably be hard to manage, and I'm sure you'd need fair doses of reaching out to new players, getting new players socially involved, helping them get decent at the game in general, in a variety of ways.

And for the second one... honestly, if you focused a lot of development into new modding features, you'd have a shitton of new and original mods that could keep people interested and constantly finding new ways to play, which is definitely a good thing. Introducing new triggers, flags, and ways to modify the tori would be awesome and beneficial to the entirety of the community, especially when you have extremely talented and active modmakers like Odlov pushing the boundaries of what you can currently do with modmaker, who would surely do the same if any new features were added.

Otherwise, fixing achievements could be really really cool, and I actually think there is a site dev who is working on that a bit, but I'm not 100% sure.
Toribash is resting into its death bed slowly, just like the oldest clans that died too. Advertising won't make any difference(just a small jump, then a miserable fall). Devs should upgrade it (alot), by changing the engine and doing what people needs(you can't say no to something, other devs try). Then we do events that makes the community happy (like seriously you guys need to be beyond creative). Then you are back from the dead, better than ever. Also you need new devs because they might know something you don't know(excluding web devs). Thats why people are bored, because their excitement is low. the feel when you play toribash is not back, because they are bored.
*hope that opinion helps in any way*
Last edited by Moataz; Apr 29, 2016 at 01:03 AM.
i think the "this game is really hard" and "learning curve blah blah" is bullshit. this game isn't that hard. i distinctly remember when i started playing, the difficulty didn't even matter to me; what drove me to keep playing was the humor in the gameplay.

i would join a room with a bunch of other new people and play fun mods and because we all sucked, it was funny. after a while, i got better and started to enjoy winning more. once i heard of joining cool clans and ways of making toricredits and customizing your player and gambling and all that stuff, i was hooked. the gameplay was only a small (but important) part of what made the game great.

the solution to this dip in toribash activity is to get more new players to join the community, not just the game. right now there are 96 members and 188 guests on the forum. only 96 members? really? and 188 guests? get those guests and more to register and post and be a part of toribash, and the buzz will return.
Your pal,
crith