Ranking
Original Post
[WIP][TUT]General PhotoShop Tutorial
What is it?

• Probably going to be GATA's first big project.

• We have noticed that alot of people who have PhotoShop, don't know how to use it, or are afraid to enter a new realm of art tools with no knowledge of how to use it effectively.

• I know there are thousands of tutorials on PhotoShop that can be found via Google, but I want a tutorial that is close to home, created by our own members for everyone to use.

What do you need to do?
  • Simple. Post what you know about photoshop, it can be anything from the icons on the side-bar and what they do, to filters and how to use them effectively.

• You can accompany your part with any visual aid.

• Try to keep your information general (Dont focus on how to use the burn tool for shading textures, but rather what it does and how to use it for anything effectively)

• Try not to do a section that someone has already done.

• You may continually edit and update your post with new information.

• Try to keep your posts lengthy, formatted, and easily followable by someone who has no knowledge of PS.

This is probably going to go public once completed, so work hard, and hopefully we will see an amazing tutorial coming from GATA.
Using Burn/Dodge
Burn/dodge are 2 useful tools, both located in the same sidebar icon (click and hold on the burn tool to open side menu, select dodge from there).
burn/dodge darken/lighten the area respectivley, and makes good for shading, but remember to do it in greyscale first, and recolour after, to avoid blocked colour.
Recolour tool
its under the submenu of the regular paintbrush, and colours over the greyscale texture, with the colour selected in the palette.

I WILL BE WRTING ABOUT EVERY SIDEBAR ICON, AND THERE USES
Last edited by PlayaJ; Aug 11, 2009 at 10:04 PM.
Originally Posted by Novitech View Post
Simplifying and Streamlining your Toribash Art System!

I was tired of grabbing RGB's every time I did a texture, so I created a Color Swatch Palette in photoshop so I could have easy use of whatever colors I need for foreground or background. It saves a lot of time and can easily be updated. They're all named too!

In Photoshop, you can use any of the views above. Small and Large thumbnails, and small and large list. I prefer small list (the one on the left)

This was made in CS3, but should work for other versions of photoshop. It works in GIMP, but it's harder to use.

Here's the easiest way to use it.

Photoshop:

1. Download the .aco file
2. Open PS
3. Go to View>Swatches
4. On the top right, click the menu
5. Choose "replace Swatches"
6. Select the file destination from step 1.
7. Use the colors!

If you ever need to get back to your old swatches, you can just reset, or append them onto the list of TB swatches.

Picture:

GIMP

1. Download the .aco file
2. Open Gimp
3. Open your palletes window
4. At the top right, open the Menu
5. Choose "Import Palette"
6. Choose "Palette File" and the file from step 1.

This will import the palette.

Illustrated Version courtesy of IamRubbish:

NOTE: If you use paint.net, you may be able to use THIS conversion by Chickenpox. Here is an install tutorial.

Enjoy, and please comment if you've found this useful.

This file has been downloaded 470 times.

btw did the website just get smaller? or is my monitor going glitchy?
[CTRL] + scrolled?
''The second industrial revolution has yet to be fully experienced by 17% of the world as nearly 1.3 billion people still lack access to electricity.''
I think i can't show everything nice using screenies + my english, so i'm making few vids

meh's downloading SONY Vegas;p

how the fck 3 minutes film can be over 20gb?....:<

Arghhh max vid size on YT can be 2 gb...arghhh changing kodak again...grrrr
Last edited by PanSowa; Aug 12, 2009 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Lrn2Edit
Ryuu was there :o
Sry for doublepost- but in 7 hours i'm going for a sports camp, and i need to show ya my tut- i'm adding few thingys now, but it's nearly done
Ryuu was there :o