ES Recruitment Drive
if i do a seven dm boom in tb 3.8 maybe it will not come in tb 3.91 ...
And cough* count not only the last version of toribash ?
Last edited by Jaker; Jul 13, 2011 at 04:51 PM.
Ok, now that 2 people posted screenshots it's clear why some people are getting the 7 dms and some people are just getting 6, it's because of the bruise glitch like I mentioned, every version has it so it doesn't matter which one you use.

You can see in Milk's screenshot that on frame 367 the chest piece is slightly bruised, while on Zal's screenshot it isn't. This happens because of the use of Shift+P (or simillar).
When you go through a replay by using Shift+P you can see that the joints you bruise will stay bruised for as long as you keep on pressing Shift+P, and the effect isn't just visual, the joints will actually be easier to dismember.

Knowing this one can assume Zal paused the replay very few frames before the hit and then edited it, hence the chest not being bruised, while Milk paused a bit earlier, went to frame 367 by using Shift+P (or simillar) and this way some bruise remained from Jaker's hand touching Uke's chest before the grab.
That bit of bruise is enough to make the extra dm as you can also see here:

Moving frame by frame

Pausing on the exact frame before the hit

Even so, my opinion is still that this should be a record since I'm pretty positive the bruise glitch was used in other records such as beznick's full dm (I'm not sure about this example though).
We're still kids in buses longing to be free.
Still, the joint in your screenshot isn't nearly as bruised as Milk's.
"way before" is way too relative.

Took some more screenshots to further support my claims:

Pausing at 379 and moving with Shift+P

Pausing at 378 and moving with Shift+P

That one frame carries just enough bruise to make the extra dm as you can see. Your "way before" is pausing after frame 378 and moving there frame by frame.
Last edited by Oblivion; Jul 13, 2011 at 06:03 PM.
Don't know if this helps guys, but this is clearly 7dm to me ( works for both 3.8 and 3.9 for me).
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09
Originally Posted by Oblivion View Post
Still, the joint in your screenshot isn't nearly as bruised as Milk's.
"way before" is way too relative.

Took some more screenshots to further support my claims:

Pausing at 379 and moving with Shift+P

Pausing at 378 and moving with Shift+P

That one frame carries just enough bruise to make the extra dm as you can see. Your "way before" is pausing after frame 378 and moving there frame by frame.

Now it works for me as well. It's pretty strange actually, but this way ins't it like glitching is a good way to make a record?
It's a glitch that's not very known, and whether it's a good way to make a record or not it's up to War to decide, but previous records used the same glitch so I guess not validating it would be the exception, not the other way around.
Just open the replay and look for where the CRUSH command pops up. If there's 6, it's 6. if there's 7, it's 7. If you have trouble understanding what the text means, ask someone who knows how to hack replays.
i know about the shift+P glitch but not about that i can do some extra dms with it ... i dont know if beznick do the same glitch , check it now
-----
i do not really understand this glitch ... i get everytime seven dms in one frame
Last edited by Jaker; Jul 13, 2011 at 06:35 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Jaker: Open the replay, don't do anything until you pause for instance in frame 370 (don't pause before frame 378 and don't use shift+P to get to frame 370, try to pause right at that frame or on a really close frame to that one), shift+P until the frame before the hit, edit and see if it booms.