ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Dr_Strangelove View Post
I personally think that judo and wushu are very similar.
Both are very "opener based" because of their huge turnframes.

Wushu is only opener based when playing with people who suck at it.
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Come on now, wushu opener-based? Only on noob level.

You can easily just jump back and avoid any contact on 2nd turn, then counter-attack when your opponent is in disadvantage. Ticux does it a lot, and successfully.

In judo you are stuck within reach, and you have to exchange the blows on 2nd turn, which more often than not results in some lame dismemberment and quick end.

And isn't jumping back yet another type of opener?
Thus jumping back opener > rush opener, in the same way that in judo, glute grab opener > kick opener.
Do you see my point?
Also, your jumping back opener decides whether you make contact in the 2nd or 3rd turn, thus making it relatively opener based?

I dislike wushu because there are so many times where you get a hit and run attacker.
You don't really get this in any other type of mode (except interestingly enough, but slightly less common, in judo).

Originally Posted by bdo View Post
hahahahahahahahhaahhahaha

man, that made my day. thanks man, still laughing.

Thanks, matey. I aim to please.

But seriously, are you not going to add anything constructive to this discussion?

Originally Posted by 0815Rocker View Post
this is bs

judo and wushu are two different worlds. Cause in judo, you normally grap your opponent and hold him til the end of the game. You are trying to dq your opponent. Wushu is much more about doing dmg. Its super hard to dq someone on purpose, cause you couldn't grap. Normally you get one hit with your opener. The game ends than for ppl with <5th dan. But for ppl who are skilled at wushu the real game starts after that first openerpunch/kick/whatever. Btw in all, judo sucks, wushu pwns

They are two different worlds, yes.
But they do have similarities.
For example, both judo and wushu (in my opinion) are quite dependant on whether you have a good opener or not.

Originally Posted by hidingwarior View Post
Wushu is only opener based when playing with people who suck at it.

Good job at trying to get a cheap shot in, implying that because of my opinion I suck at wushu. Very mature.

Judo is the same, most games of just are actually decided in the 3rd or 4th turnframe.
You don't get judo dance-offs though, which, admit it, are very common in wushu.
And don't come out with that "oh but you can come back in wushu if you're nang like I am" argument, because it is not always possible to come back, is it?

You guys seem to dislike judo either because you suck at it, or because you get angry when a "noob" beats you at it through "luck".
I can think of quite a few people who would be able to consistantly maintain very long streaks in judo, like the ones I hear you can pull off in wushu.
Of course, that streak would inevitably end with one opener overpowering another.

In my opinion, the only truly non-opener based modes are modes like sambo and TK, where you can be afk, and come into the game a turn late, and it won't be a particularly big disadvantage.
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> nearly 3 hours of nobody saying a word
[02:19] * Tamer0 is now known as TamerAfk
[02:19] <Dr_Strangelove> gg toribash
[02:19] <+hampa> gg
Good job at trying to get a cheap shot in, implying that because of my opinion I suck at wushu. Very mature.

Excuse me? I said nothing of the sort. I just said that if you play wushu alot, and you play with other people who play it alot, you will find that your games often do not come down to opener battles. No need to get so defensive.
He spoke not about my opener (helicopter) with a jump back. He spoke about a simple jump back, with the in advance not thought over movement, that is I do the subsequent turns on improvisation. Usually I play improvisation. I not always jump back but only in those cases if I know that open the contender can strongly do much harm to me on the second turn. And skill in wushu it first of all skill comeback and ability precisely to strike after it. And if you are not able will made something from this would not speak about wushu is better.

P.s. Sorry for bad English. I simply do not know as you still to explain that Odlov wished to tell to you. If you do not understand also it Odlov will close this thread.
Last edited by TIcux; Feb 8, 2009 at 09:07 PM.
ËË
And isn't jumping back yet another type of opener?

If you think of an opener as something you do in the first turn, then yes. I was thinking of opener as an actual attack (which is the very thing that ruins judo on first turn).. You can call it an opener, but it's very purpose is to undermine the effect openers have on the outcome. Second player may very well jump back too (happens a lot on advanced levels), what do you have then? Whoever can approach their opponent better from there will likely win the game. In judo there is no way to avoid the first-turn attack. It's much less of a chess match.

I dislike wushu because there are so many times where you get a hit and run attacker.
You don't really get this in any other type of mode (except interestingly enough, but slightly less common, in judo).

Well, c 'est la vie.

Usually only complete noobs do it, though. And noobs usually aren't very good at it. And when you are good at moving forward and a noob is bad at moving backwards, then chances are you can catch him.

You guys seem to dislike judo either because you suck at it, or because you get angry when a "noob" beats you at it through "luck".

When we assume, we make an ass out of who?
I played only judo until i was 8th dan, and Ticux plays it regularly and is very sharp there. And luck is indeed the word to use when either yours or your opponents limb is severed on 1st turn and dqs immediately after. You can't play defense in judo, at least not successfully. You can, however, do it in wushu.

I can think of quite a few people who would be able to consistantly maintain very long streaks in judo, like the ones I hear you can pull off in wushu.
Of course, that streak would inevitably end with one opener overpowering another.

With a 1-2 good attacks, even my mentally retarded uncle Rob could do it.
And i don't even have a mentally retarded uncle...
Last edited by Odlov; Feb 8, 2009 at 06:49 PM.
ROFLMAO HAHAhHAHA , erhm, hahahahahahhaahahahhahahaha , and yeah judo friggin fails!!! ban judoZ!!!, / cookie *munch munch munch*
This is my motto for toribash:
Judo is like flipping a coin, but worse.
infamous
Originally Posted by Warcry View Post
This is my motto for toribash:
Judo is like flipping a coin, but worse.

Nice hehe
When i first started, judo was one of my favorite modes.. well, there wasn't that many back then eh.

I stopped playing it regularly after i found tk, and kb, and now i only go there if someone i know is there.

The only judo i enjoy is frac, although i still enjoy a good aikido/sambo more, i'd have to say wushu>judo.

[/invadelolol]

[T]
#hi