Ranking
Originally Posted by Kitsune-sama View Post
I've tried a few times, all back when I was unregged and new to TB, and not very good. I think I'll try again. Maybe recreate some wrestling moves. Stone Cold Stunner Decap maybe?

How about a PowerBomb?
Love this set, I'd like to see you in judo-fracture sometime. I'm quite adept at sweeps and throws there and wouldn't mind a bit of a show down. =)
"Splint Chesthair" - Is my real name.
Thanks a bunch, everyone! I'm really surprised and pleased at the positive reaction.

I'd love to do realistic replays of other martial arts in toribash too, however I found that judo is easier by far than others I've tried. Jujitsu becomes a total mess, you can't seem to apply the necessary force for arm bars, etc. I tried doing some kickboxing and failed miserably...maybe with more practice. Pro wrestling moves seem like a good choice tho...I've already started on a suplex or two

I ventured into judo fracture (& regular judo) once or twice. I lost a fair amount (haha), but so far this is my best match in DM judo.

EDIT: Took Hersperus' advice and I tried mixing Muay Thai and judo in this one (using capoeira mod instead of sambo). Sort of an ok replay...but view it as a taste of things to come
Attached Files
Multi 5.rpl (36.4 KB, 51 views)
1st Kickbox attempt.rpl (60.6 KB, 23 views)
Last edited by gioff; Oct 21, 2007 at 09:13 PM.
Doing other martial arts is harder than judo, lol. Working on it though. I'm messing around with capoeira mod now instead of sambo. Here's a few I've come up with.

Arm Breaker: Punch defense taken loosely from, well...lots of different martial arts really. Dramatized in the sense that arms usually don't come off when this happens =P
Clinch Suplex: Or, Muay Thai vs. Wrestling. Should've set the fracture threshold higher I guess...the clinch knees worked well anyway. The suplex did no damage, so the story I put to it is that the wrestling guy (Uke) really started to feel those knees to the solar plexus about halfway through the lift and couldn't finish it properly.
Leg Scissor: Cung Le/San Shou inspired Missed the elbow, missed the kick...but it was a perfect setup for a scissor leg and armbar takedown.
MMA Takedown: So named not because you'd see it in the UFC, but because it really is sort of a mixed bag. Elbow to the head, knee to the groin, hip roll to kicking the inner thigh (causing not-entirely-intentional dismemberment ^_^;) and finishing with a knee and a few headstands.
And just one more for tonight...
Fight 1: Very short kickboxing match turned broken tailbone and quick ground toss out of the ring.
Attached Files
Arm Breaker.rpl (58.4 KB, 60 views)
Clinch Suplex.rpl (91.8 KB, 59 views)
Leg Scissor.rpl (39.3 KB, 36 views)
MMA Takedown.rpl (102.6 KB, 74 views)
Fight 1.rpl (89.7 KB, 38 views)
Last edited by gioff; Oct 22, 2007 at 08:09 AM. Reason: Added the last one
I'm loving realistic replays too. Maybe some of you saw Patricks toriwalk. I was like O.O when i saw that cause i was a noob back then and wasnt able to keep balance at all.
Keep it doing.