Toribash
Here's some stuff I've liked a lot over the last year or so in pretty random order

videogames???

Also whenever I see that dragged into sunlight album art it makes me think of nick blinko and rudimentary peni I should have put something by them in that list too oh I did put them in it nvm

also larfen has the worst taste btw pusga too
Last edited by VIDEOGAMES; May 26, 2016 at 12:18 AM.
oh yeah
I love how every chart has been completely different so far.
Here's some stuff I've liked a lot over the last year or so in pretty random order

videogames???

Nice ali farka toure. You heard of 3MA Project? It's three musicians from different musical cultures who play folk music.
+Earth, Carla Bozulich
I should give talking heads a try but the other things on your chart look interesting as well. Feel free to talk about them so I know what to look out for.
Last edited by Lazors; May 25, 2016 at 03:11 PM.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Is that dude plucking strings with an amputated hand holy crap
This seems pretty cool, I'm gonna give their stuff a listen pretty soon I think.

I put off giving the talking heads a fair listen for a ridiculously long time, I regret it since their early stuff is pretty amazing.

As for the other stuff there though, if you like african music, the ex cover one or two classic ethiopian songs on enormous door. It also has a track that is based on the melody that konono no.1's album congotronics revolves around.

Melt yourself down do a sort of mix between funk, jazz, punk rock and african stuff, and they share members and musical influences with zun zun egui. Their newest album just came out like a month ago and I'd totally recommend checking it out.

the other albums on that chart are cool two though trust me like there are at least two albums on there that combine noise rock + throat singing how can that not be cool

EDIT: also looking at your chart shoutouts to koenjihyakkei everything tatsuya yoshida touches is gold
Last edited by VIDEOGAMES; May 26, 2016 at 12:02 AM.
oh yeah
I think this thread is great. Introduced me to some great music so far.

Here are some of my picks

Some Albums

-----
Originally Posted by Lazors View Post
I should give talking heads a try

You definitely should. It's fun stuff.

Also, for those who listen to Ali Farka Toure, see if you like the band Tamikrest: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tamikrest
Last edited by shrimp24; May 26, 2016 at 11:47 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[Hunters]
Listening to remain in light right now and I'm liking it more by the seconds. Also liked Tamikrest so thanks for that.
Here are some of my picks

Some Albums

+Zappa, mahavishnu, miles
That's probably the only miles album I've cared to listen all the way through. I'm not too fond of his other stuff, not even kind of blue, but it might just be a question of time. I did like bill evans sunday at the village vanguard a lot so I'm slowly settling with modal.
Was pretty cold towards head hunters last time I listened to it. Was a while ago, though.
I've listened to early kraftwerk a little but not that one. My old metalworks teacher used to play songs from it, though.

Since you like Mahavishnu and Bitches Brew, you should look at shakti (with john mclaughlin) and maybe Embryo.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
I never knew about Mclaughin's other work, so thank you! I've also given Koenjihyakkei a listen. So far they're blowing my mind.

Here's for more Malian music: Habib Koité and his band Bamada.
-----
In response to Bill Evans, im recommending the Vijay Iyer Trio. Its modern and not so much modal jazz (I think), but I'm sure you would like it.
Last edited by shrimp24; May 27, 2016 at 12:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[Hunters]