Toribash
Originally Posted by notchnick View Post
Sorry If I will have mistakes. I think AI for toribash will be a good idea. It will work like a chess cause in toribash you click on joints. It's not hard movement. So I think it's will not be so hard

yes but in chess you have set rules for every game in tb rules change per mod - gravity, dm trheshold, no DM, fractures. But yea I agree it can be done with sufficient effort.
wishful eyes deceive me
Will if you're talking AI that learns from experience it would be pretty tough seeing as toribash is an incredibly complicated game and it would take a lot of games for it to learn anything. You would need a large community effort to teach it.

You might be able to pit it against itself though then it runs into the possibility of creating odd and ineffective habits.

It is doable though would be incredibly difficult for a small team or as a solo effort.

Need help? PM me!
إد هو العاهرة
Sorry to necro(?) this thread, but a small shameless self-plug: I released a machine learning interface for Toribash a while ago , and over these past months I have been using it and fine-tuning. I am going to release 1.0.0 in couple of days.

In short: Toribash is very suitable for such a learning env! I am able to run 16 instance of Toribash on Linux machine without bigger issues (minus maybe some slowdown), and they run fast enough for decent experiments. However applying the OpenAI/DeepMind type of brute-force approach and going pure self-play seems to require a ton of training, even for game like Toribash, to produce anything sensible.
Last edited by Miffylin; Feb 9, 2019 at 11:36 PM.
to comment on this thread. Lets say you put the AI in the fight with a player like diamond. This ai is gonna learn quickly. therefore i think it would be a cool idea. i'd think theres a lot of possibilites of how you can use the ai too **In events ofc***
The Emperor Decrees

Maybe in the future, that kind of AI would be implemented in Toribash Next ;)

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post

Maybe in the future, that kind of AI would be implemented in Toribash Next ;)

probably not xd
Google deepmind costs more than 1million $/ year just saying
NO TITLE
Originally Posted by Sora View Post
probably not xd

Lol
The Emperor Decrees
Originally Posted by Sora View Post
probably not xd

Quite so, and especially when it comes to the Dota2 and SC2 bots these big companies have been presenting, those experiments literally used millions of dollars for cloud computing services.

I have ran quick experiments with various self-play techniques (see Dota2 and SC2 bots) on Toribash with simple rules (game length 500 frames, 10 frames per turn, disqualification enabled, no dojo), and after couple of weeks of non-stop training and ~6M games the AI does not seem too good. That is not to say it is not feasible, but it will require finding good methods and possibly quite a bit of fine-tuning to get it right
Find me on Toribash Discord if you wish to get in touch. I may miss PMs here.
Originally Posted by Miffylin View Post
Quite so, and especially when it comes to the Dota2 and SC2 bots these big companies have been presenting, those experiments literally used millions of dollars for cloud computing services.

I have ran quick experiments with various self-play techniques (see Dota2 and SC2 bots) on Toribash with simple rules (game length 500 frames, 10 frames per turn, disqualification enabled, no dojo), and after couple of weeks of non-stop training and ~6M games the AI does not seem too good. That is not to say it is not feasible, but it will require finding good methods and possibly quite a bit of fine-tuning to get it right

Hope you find a way then
The Emperor Decrees