Toribash
Originally Posted by Lionet View Post
Have been watching a lot of One Piece lately and I'm still wondering what is the most precise translation for "nakama" or whatever it's written. It's sometimes related to "friends", others to "companions" and mostly to "crew members" or something. Any weeb that understands this matter around?

I'm pretty sure nakama means comrade/companion and tomodashi mean friend.
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
subs are dumb then
<[Vector]Aadame> damn pat with his mod skills
Need help? PM me! Reach me on Discord: Lionet#1325

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Acually nvm,
Apperntly nakama also mean friend in addition to what i already mentioned while tomodachi only mean friend
Aadame:I'm very signaturable
It's just no one usues my shit .
just aquick tip for karbn and those who are learning portuguese:

-With the exception of pobre(poor)/velho(old)/novo(new), every adjective comes after the noun.

-The meaning can change depending where you put some of those adjectives:

If you put Pobre after the noun, it means poor as of age:
>Um homem pobre- A poor man.
>Uma cidade pobre- A poor house.
Ps: um = male indefinite article. Uma = female indefinite article.

If you put Pobre before the verb, it means poor of quality, although not used so frequently.
>Pobre homem, sofrendo tudo isso = "poor man, suffering all that".
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
Ps: um = male indefinite article. Uma = female indefinite article.

About this, when learning portuguese this is one of the hardest parts. Not always it'll work like:
"A woman" - woman is female so a should translates to uma.
In this case, a is in fact translated to uma but not because a woman (a real woman) is female, sometimes it works different.

For example:

"A house" or even "a city" as victor already used - how can you possibly tell if a house or a city is male or female (grammatically)? Common sense would tell you to go for um as proper translation but it's wrong. The correct translation is uma casa and uma cidade, not because we see them as female figures in any mean, but simply because it is like that in our grammar.

The best way to fix that in your mind is practicing by hearing/reading/talking, but there are some tips and cheats (though they wont work every time).
I'll drop this link (in portuguese) that victor provided me and ended up being very useful: Portuguese for foreigners - Nouns

Basically it explain how every noun has a gender (also a number and degree? Still not sure how to translate it) and not only the article but the whole sentence structure can change depending on that. Here's a small part of the text:

Primeiramente aprenderemos as flexões dos substantivos:
Gênero - Todo substantivo possui um gênero, que pode ser masculino ou feminino. Geralmente substantivos terminados em -a são femininos e substantivos terminados em -o, masculinos. Exemplo:
  • Braço (masculino)
  • Livro (masculino)
  • Calça (feminino)
  • Bolsa (feminino)

Translation

in name of curiosity: Braço = Arm/Livro = Book/Calça = Pants/ Bolsa = Bag
though some of these can change depending on context

Summing up, most of the time seeing if the noun ends in o or a makes a lot of difference to determine if it is male or female.

Any questions just ask me or victor

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lionet, ask me to ask him to ask to change Nike to Trice
"0h no" -Trice
A.K.A Tricerafi || Thanks Papa Donut, bless you
hihihihihi done

also I'm taking new jokes for "as easy as" like the ones below "Feel like participating?" text

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

today I discovered that a tool used to make cakes (?), or something related to cooking or bakery, called "whisk" (according to google) is originally called "fouet" (french) and in portuguese we call it "batedor"

Watch my Replays!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]