Toribash
Original Post
Noob is bad?
Is being a noob really a bad thing? I mean whenever you call someone a noob, it just pisses them off even though they're green or white belt. It just doesn't make any sense. For example, read the last 2 posts of this and then go to the next page: Project Self Destruct (read page 5 and 6) This guy gets mad because I call him a noob and he's green belt. Guys I'm really confused. Is there another meaning to noob?
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
For gaming slang, it is a way of saying you suck. But in reality, it is just a shortened way of saying newbie which means inexperienced newcomer. I don't know for sure how it changed into the current meaning that it holds in the gaming community, but it is not something you should get worried about if someone calls you one.
A hasbeen like the rest
Well, it's not the nicest thing you can say to a newbie. That was kinda expected.
I try not to call people Noob unless their being a D*ck to people
And sucking at the game. IDK Noob sounds pretty mean for some reason
Maybe It's highlighting their ignorance to the game and can piss people off
Maybe
noob =/= newb

a newb is someone new to the game, and a noob is someone who has been playing a game for a while and still sucks.
Well, it's the same thing as calling someone a sl*t, for example - it doesn't mean she f*cks everyone and sells herself, it's just the fact you want to make them angry.
[Gangsters] RuBash
[TABD][Team Australia] RIP[Source]
º°À¾Ç Â࿸´°ÀË º°º¸µ ¾ ¸¿° ¾Ä°½° ´¾»¶½Ë ±ËÂÌ ½°¿¸Á°½Ë
° ÜÕÝï ÔÐÖÕ ÝÕ ÒßØáÐÛ, åãØáÐá~Tarlan
Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
Is being a noob really a bad thing? I mean whenever you call someone a noob, it just pisses them off even though they're green or white belt. It just doesn't make any sense. For example, read the last 2 posts of this and then go to the next page: Project Self Destruct (read page 5 and 6) This guy gets mad because I call him a noob and he's green belt. Guys I'm really confused. Is there another meaning to noob?

Noob is someone who has a lot of experience but acts inexperienced. It's different to just a newbie.

Pointing out that someone is beneath you because of some arbitrary measure is rude.

I don't know why I'm even replying to someone with a join date in 2013 who has only 161 posts. Ugh.
I think this sums it up on why people get mad when you call them a noob, not a newb

Large image

But in all reality... I think I might be insane...
The irony of this word is that the person who wins always gets called it by the loser....
"People should not be afraid of their governments.
Governments should be afraid of their people."
Well, if you want my own point of view (and even if you don't) : 'noob' and 'newb' is the same word with a few years of internet slang inbetween.
If I don't want to be offensive to someone I call him "beginner" not "newb" xD

Imo "noobs" are people who've been playing for a long time but never bothered thinking further that the simple game mechanics his game offers, and generally playing like a turd and deserving to be flamed. a few exemple :
- a Counter-Strike player still camping in the same corner after 5 years.
- a L4D2 player still attacking/rushing alone after 5 years
- a TB wushu player still using openers and running past 3rd dan.
etc...