Ranking
Remember not to go in that position for too long and also, don't contract your hips if you're gonna do something like what Velair did.
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by Bakugan View Post
not really, you just showed me your launch instead of detailing me the joints

You don't need to know exactly wich joint to move. If you cant throw yourself in a chosed direction, you still don't understand the general balance asked by sparring. You should do parkours instead sparring.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Yeah, but isn't parkour harder than sparring is?
"they're like enormous pillows of disgusting girly meat" ~Orih 2016
My Replays
Originally Posted by SparChar View Post
Yeah, but isn't parkour harder than sparring is?

No, it isn't the same work.

Sparring isn't about random throwing arms and legs in the direction of your ennemy. You have to know what you are doing and what to do during each steps. You can't do that if you simply can't stay on your feet without moving everywhere to avoid a fail. Learn how to jump, land, take a stance, run, walk, etc. then you will be able to begin sparring.

Lot of players think they are sparring because they turn around and jump everywhere.

You maybe should take a look at this :

http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=389134

Put a comment to up the thread if you liked it ;)

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

No it's not :|
Sparring requires twice as much balance since you're fighting, therefore you need to be able to both dodge and throw hits. Parkour you're just running and jumping, keeping your balance. It's a better way to practice keeping your balance since there's no need to avoid hits which will break your flow.

^Ninja'd :<
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
|Replay|ORMO|
If you're asking how to make a jump from the horse stance, there's some things you need to look over.
- How well balanced you are in the stance
- How wide the stance is (Glutes positions determine this, Ex - Both glutes exteneded = A wider stance)
- The direction (if any) your momentum is causing you to lean into.
- Which direction your chest is rotated

The direction your chest is rotated is a big factor, because if you want to actually make a twist, or even jump successfully, you'll need to have it rotated in the opposite direction you want it to go when you first start out in the horse stance. Even partially rotated still works.

Now, there's different types of jumps from the horse stance, but the most basic jump that almost anyone can do is simply :
-Extend the pec of the arm that has the opposite direction the chest is rotating in (Right rotate = Left pec --> Extend) and contract the pec that is in the same direction of the rotation (Right rotate = Right pec ---> Contract)
-Extend the hip that is in the opposite direction the chest is rotating (Right rotate = Left hip ---> Extend / Left rotate = Right hip ---> Extend)
Once the arm that has the contracted pec is in front of you, you know that you're ready to jump.
From here, there are many different options. However, again, I'll be telling you how to do the most basic jump. So :
- Extend the hip that is in the same direction your chest is rotating (Right rotate = Right hip ---> Extend / Left Rotate = Left Hip ---> Extend)
- Extend or relax (Depends on the situation, just play with relaxing or extending and see which fits best) the knee on the same leg (The one just stated)

- Raise both shoulders
Optional and sometimes necessary - Sometimes, you'll need to contract both glutes. But, this is optional if you want to do something else.
Side notes - Don't forget to mess around with your lumbar. If you're leaning too much on one side, try to see if playing around with the lumbar will fix your situation.
Also, make sure you have the unneeded joints relaxed (Except the neck, keep your neck held at all times)

And, to add the cherry on top, here's an example replay of the basic jump I just explained. I also added in some different types of twists you can make out of the horse stance.
Practice is key, bro.
Attached Files
Horse Stance jumps.rpl (141.8 KB, 12 views)
Originally Posted by D3m0nz View Post
If you're asking how to make a jump from the horse stance, there's some things you need to look over.
- How well balanced you are in the stance
- How wide the stance is (Glutes positions determine this, Ex - Both glutes exteneded = A wider stance)
- The direction (if any) your momentum is causing you to lean into.
- Which direction your chest is rotated

The direction your chest is rotated is a big factor, because if you want to actually make a twist, or even jump successfully, you'll need to have it rotated in the opposite direction you want it to go when you first start out in the horse stance. Even partially rotated still works.

Now, there's different types of jumps from the horse stance, but the most basic jump that almost anyone can do is simply :
-Extend the pec of the arm that has the opposite direction the chest is rotating in (Right rotate = Left pec --> Extend) and contract the pec that is in the same direction of the rotation (Right rotate = Right pec ---> Contract)
-Extend the hip that is in the opposite direction the chest is rotating (Right rotate = Left hip ---> Extend / Left rotate = Right hip ---> Extend)
Once the arm that has the contracted pec is in front of you, you know that you're ready to jump.
From here, there are many different options. However, again, I'll be telling you how to do the most basic jump. So :
- Extend the hip that is in the same direction your chest is rotating (Right rotate = Right hip ---> Extend / Left Rotate = Left Hip ---> Extend)
- Extend or relax (Depends on the situation, just play with relaxing or extending and see which fits best) the knee on the same leg (The one just stated)

- Raise both shoulders
Optional and sometimes necessary - Sometimes, you'll need to contract both glutes. But, this is optional if you want to do something else.
Side notes - Don't forget to mess around with your lumbar. If you're leaning too much on one side, try to see if playing around with the lumbar will fix your situation.
Also, make sure you have the unneeded joints relaxed (Except the neck, keep your neck held at all times)

And, to add the cherry on top, here's an example replay of the basic jump I just explained. I also added in some different types of twists you can make out of the horse stance.
Practice is key, bro.

Damn D3, you really put effort into your posts. :P