Toribash
Original Post
Watchmen
So, I just got back from seeing Watchmen.

HOLY SHIT.
The movie was fantastic. No other word for it.

Zack Snyder pulled it off, and in a grand fashion. The ending has changed from the comic, but definitely for the better.

The fights are amazing, with bone shattering blows and noises that make you cringe. There's a fair amount of blood (and bone) and Manhattan's method of disposing of people is quite gory indeed.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan and Jackie Earle Haley are fantastic actors, with the rest being nearly spot on for their roles.

The movie completely shattered my expectations in every way.

And Dan shatters bones.
Last edited by Warcry; Mar 7, 2009 at 01:17 PM.
infamous
I wanna watch this movie...... Meh.....
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
Got a little treat for everyone.

http://www.ropeofsilicon.com/article...its-are-online

I absolutely love this sequence. Not just for the amazing design, but for the great way Snyder compressed what could have been thirty minutes of explanation into a 5 minute credit sequence.

I can spot David Bowie, Andy Warhol, The Village People, a decal of Silk Spectre on the Enola Gay (the plane that dropped the a-bomb on Hiroshima), JFK's assassin (not who you think), Doc Manhattan shaking JFK's hand and Doc Manhattan at the first moon landing.

Tell me who else who can see.
Last edited by Warcry; Mar 7, 2009 at 07:27 PM.
infamous
Just came back from watching the movie.

All I can say is:

Rorschach approves.

The movie didn't follow the comic's plot to the letter, but nearly all is in there, including the violence. And only 15 and under were banned for watching it here in Finland? Wow.
Never compromise.