Ranking
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
How, precisely, does one "learn on their own" without "educating themselves"? Is it a fancy way of saying "I don't understand how facts or evidence work so I'm going to say nonsensical bullshit like 'I won't educate myself because I like learning on my own'"?

So are we just ignoring the massive volume of literature that suggestions at least some genetic/epigenetic/biological influence, or...?

I scrolled down a bit on the page and I found this:

Something tells me a handful of these sources aren't particularly credible.
Originally Posted by Kessi View Post
You state it's bullshit but you did you read a book to learn how to walk? I don't suppose you googled it either.

You compare one of the most elementary of skills to learning the concept of sexuality and the causes of trans gender.
Last edited by Valterain1; Jun 3, 2015 at 06:43 AM.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
Originally Posted by Kessi View Post
You state it's bullshit but you did you read a book to learn how to walk? I don't suppose you googled it either.

Case in point.

Originally Posted by Valterain1 View Post
I scrolled down a bit on the page and I found this:

Something tells me a handful of these sources aren't particularly credible.

Ah yes, let's ignore all the peer-reviewed literature that's been published in established academic journals for the single item that vaguely supports you*.

* And despite its silly name, that article is also based on published research. Oops!
Last edited by hanz0; Jun 3, 2015 at 06:49 AM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by hanz0 View Post
Case in point.

Ah yes, let's ignore all the peer-reviewed literature that's been published in established academic journals for the single item that vaguely supports you.

And another thing. None of those sources directly address Trans-Gender. Making your argument there entire irrelevant.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
And another thing. None of those sources directly address Trans-Gender. Making your argument there entire irrelevant.

Originally Posted by Valterain1 (emphasis added) View Post
You can't prove that it's biological. There's no evidence to support it whatsoever. Google "Causes of transsexualism" and the only thing you're going to get are mainly biased opinions from a wikipedia article. Sexual orientation is not something that is caused by a "Biological defect"

Uh huh. Linking research on sexual orientation is definitely irrelevant to you saying "Sexual orientation is not something that is caused by a "Biological defect"".

ANYWAY!
Here are some sources that I easily found which all also suggest some biological basis for gender identity.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
You compare one of the most elementary of skills to learning the concept of sexuality and the causes of trans gender.

Kindergarten*

Good now tell me who was the guy who made the first ever book about this topic?

I mean did he ever research anything? If they're no books or no internet how did he know? I doubt they would talk about this in school long ago.

hanz0 says: I think we can all agree to put aside our differences for long enough to agree that this guy is an idiot.
Last edited by hanz0; Jun 3, 2015 at 07:22 AM.
Ho boy... There are some pile of shits you don't want to kick topics you don't want to start.

@Hyde

"When someone is depressed, they are prescribed SSIs/antidepressants, and more treatment is given if the person's illness comes from a chemical imbalance as opposed to an alternate reason."

Please, SSIs/antidepressants are just a way to numb people for the rest of their life, that's no treatment. And there are strong reasons to believe antidepressants actually increase the suicide rate among depressive people.

Your anorexia exemple doesn't make sense ; transgenderism & sex-change don't put the concerned person's life in danger like anorexia obviously does. You just sound freaked out by something you don't understand.

Also -since we're talking about mental illness- psychiatry is an medical area that is always changing and strongly influenced by social codes/factors, you can call pretty much any behaviour that isn't considered as being a "norme" a "mental illness", with shitloads of money involved for the pharmaceutical industry on top of it. Yeah of course people who endanger themselves or others need medical care and treatments, the rest is just about normes, subjectivity, a poor understanding of human behaviours and human brain, and old relics from religious morals.
Oh, shit. Sorry guys, I was napping.

This thread is NOT ok. Just a complete crap OP followed by shit discussion (with the occasional bigoted comment).
hanz0 says:
Ele says: my eyes bled

I was initially worried reading through this thread - there were far too many instances in which I'd have to delete/edit people's posts if I wanted this thread to stay alive. It's a good thing I don't want it alive, ey?
Last edited by Ele; Jun 3, 2015 at 07:29 AM.