Toribash
Original Post
Search Function
So i was thinking, how about all of those mods that say use the search function. When someone actually does use the search function, and finds a thread about what the wanted to discuss or what ever, then they posts, people swarm them saying "why did you bump this old thread noob?".

So yea, isn't that a bit, contradictory?
Normally we tell people to use the search function to answer support questions. In that case there is no need to create a new thread, because they just have to look at the old one.
That's a question I've always had pacing in my head. And I've seen it done with non-support topics plenty of times. "This discussion was already made! Closed."
Then another discussion of equal age is bumped and the dude is infracted.
:V
>>The Official Guv'na Fan Club<<
o7[OLDA] pride, world wide o7

He who was the butt of the joke reserves no right to say "that wasn't funny."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I've been questioning the need for the search button in my sig for just this reason. It seems to be doing more harm than it is good now.
Back in my day...
well most of the time, a problem has already been solved or there is a known and documented bug that the nabi team already knows.

its for researching if a problem is already addressed. sometimes though, the threads that are bumped already have the solution posted and people just dont bother to scroll up or scroll down to look at the suggestion