ES Recruitment Drive
Ao2 was my first serious real good video game. I was a god in the level editor. Like litterally, I remember creating a campaign with a script where there was this one dude that could go in front of a mosk and become god and have a ridiculous amount of life and power. You can deduce the age I had when I did that...
Good times, I learned a lot of history with that game.
I liked using the Chinese.. quick start and then their elite castle units could rape anything from a distance (except siege tech.. but then you just get knights to take those down).

1 thing I don't like is that when you play "Very Hard" mode or whatever the hardest mode is called.. not only does the AI play better but they start with 500 res for each food, wood, gold and stone and it's totally unfair against you.. if they started with the same amount of resources it would have been much more fair.. I don't like campaign mode at all either.. I prefer to start matches with nothing and create my own kingdoms rather than be given structures and have to learn their placement in campaigns and deal with what I'm given.

All in all this game reminded me a lot of starcraft but more advanced.. there's a lot of units that you have to balance and it's quite challenging on the higher difficulties. I liked creating my own maps too.. you can have thousands of units charge at eachother on a small area if you use the water tool correctly
/set gr 0 0 -30
Yea... I want play aoe again... on multi

almost hardest setings can be beaten 1vs1 in 3 min... no problem bout that:3
hardest possible Is absolutly unfair, but once you settle up, make ekonomy, rise army comp will fall... some practice requied

btw... vilagers must non stop being created ( don't count advance to next age doh ) up to 120-130...

Originally Posted by Pirate
elephants have the same population count as regular swordsman?
horses have the same population count as regular swordsman?

ever try send pikemans on them?

To play online ( besides AOE 2+exp and 1.0c patch ) you might visit http://zone.msn.com/en-us/home regester there, get client and play. Or Via normal IP game or hamachi... depends on you:3
gotta go fast
Originally Posted by MICu View Post
Yea... I want play aoe again... on multi

almost hardest setings can be beaten 1vs1 in 3 min... no problem bout that:3
hardest possible Is absolutly unfair, but once you settle up, make ekonomy, rise army comp will fall... some practice requied

btw... vilagers must non stop being created ( don't count advance to next age doh ) up to 120-130...

ever try send pikemans on them?

To play online ( besides AOE 2+exp and 1.0c patch ) you might visit http://zone.msn.com/en-us/home regester there, get client and play. Or Via normal IP game or hamachi... depends on you:3

Yes, regardless.. elephants were way too OP. A simple squad of archers sent out witch each elephant group suffices in beating back any piked counter-offensive. Though I can't even remember if the Persians had archers.