Toribash
Original Post
my laptop is crap!
my laptop is crap. i need some tips on what upgrades i should get and in what order. i have no money so this would help for when i do. my curremt specs are (try not to laugh):
-running windows xp sp3
-512 mb of ram
-1.73 GHz processor
-ati mobility radeon 9000 gfx card
-battery lasts about 10 minutes

i cant run shaders and tb runs at 16 or so fps when not on ac power (on ac it runs fine, 62 fps). tips would be appreciated

What do you want?
Like do you want to run games like Crysis or something?
Or do you just want Toribash with Shaders?
T0ribush: I could not get into two worlds even if my life depended on it.
ಠ_ಠ ಥ_ಥ
well tb with shaders, and the ability to run fraps to show my flames (fraps brings fps down to 16 even with ac)

You're gonna need AC power to get the full use of your hardware. Also this is for your laptop, you realize they dont just sell laptop parts right? You'll probably have to find it on ebay.
Originally Posted by PyroTime View Post
You're gonna need AC power to get the full use of your hardware. Also this is for your laptop, you realize they dont just sell laptop parts right? You'll probably have to find it on ebay.

Laptop parts can't be replaced without some serious sacrifices man.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
Originally Posted by PyroTime View Post
What do you mean serious sacrifices?

Like, hmm. Let's say graphics card for example. It can be taken out. But not without damaging the system. The chances of replacing it is very low in other words so I don't see why anyone would do that, but most laptop gfx cards are part of the system themselves. Like they're not independent like AGP's. They're integrated cards.

I hope my information is right.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
That depends on the Laptop fistfury, mine is a gaming laptop and has a Nvidia 240 GTX or w/e the letters were. Most laptops I would guess though do have integrated graphics. So if you could find out and see, deridor we could help. But like I said, no store sells laptop Gpus so you'd have to find one that would fit your laptop on ebay, hard and not easy...