Ranking
Original Post
Juntalis's & Stew's Minecraft Server

So because the minecraft thread is pretty general and weighty at this point, I figured there wouldn't be too much harm in my creating my own thread specifically to dicuss issues that occur on the dedicated minecraft server that stew is hosting for me. Any notifications, rule changes, etc will be posted here, as well as a list of the current admins on the server.

Before we begin with the actual content, everyone make sure to thank stew for hosting this server for us. He is doing it for free, and for the enjoyment of the community, and he deserves any gratitude you may be feeling.

If you cant reach the server by the normal minecraft.juntalis.com, try entering one of the following into the IP box:
  • minecraft.juntalis.com
  • futurete.ch
  • butterscot.ch
Administrators
  • Juntalis - Juntalis
  • KiTFoX - KiTFoX
Operators
  • Blam - blambear23
  • Dalir - orisha
  • Eleeleth - Eleeleth
  • FNugget - FNugget
  • Jalis - Jalis
Rules
RULES? WHAT RULES?

Information
  • If you have been banned and you feel it was without reason, feel free to PM me. However, if you decided to duplicate 64 units of TNT, and then went to town putting holes down to bedrock near the spawn, and burning down FNugget's treefarm, don't bother. I'll ignore your PM, or call you an idiot, and then get your IP from the forums to IP ban you, as well. Keep in mind that I have quite a few friends among the SMods, Administrators, and Nabi Staff, so if you prove yourself stupid enough, I may even attempt to use my influence to ruin your shit on Toribash, too.
  • I will try to let you guys know at least a day ahead of time before I do map resets or anything major, but situations do arise where things need to be done. If we do a map reset and you had no warning, I'm sorry, but those are the breaks. I'm starting to write a wrapper for the server so that it saves the map hourly, and makes a backup. If you desperately want an older copy of a particular map, let me know, and we'll see what we can work out. While I am a bit of an asshole, I'm not heartless, and I understand that you may want to continue with something that you spent hours, even days working on.
  • Unless otherwise stated, you can consider a ban from my server a permanent exile. I'm not really one for much forgiveness, unfortunately. For the most part, the administrators I've picked are pretty lenient, and might allow you to bend the rules, so if you got banned, it's most likely for a big reason. I'll reference you to the first point I made in this list for any other occasion.
  • When the October 31st update comes out, I'm going to evaluate how it changes the game play aspect of multiplayer. Some of these rules may change, and I may take up a policy of 'everyone for themselves' if enough bugs have been addressed to make a competitive game possible. We'll see.
  • I would appreciate it if you guys would be helpful to newer players who might not know how to do things. This game is a bit difficult to get into if it's your first time playing, as there's no real guide, other than the minecraft wiki. (which not everyone reads) For those new to the game, I've linked some references you should probably check out at the end of this post. If you have any questions in-game, feel free to ask some of the regulars or our administrators. I don't know that they will be helpful, but I certainly hope so.
  • If you have any issue with another player in game, immediately alert an admin in game. If there's none online, there may some on IRC in either #toribash or #minecraft. If you still cant get anyone to help you with the issue, and only if you can't, then PM me on IRC and I'll do what I can to handle the situation.
  • Any other questions or concerns on the rules can be addressed in the #minecraft channel on IRC, or in-game. FNugget appears to be the most active administrator at the moment, so I guess you can consider him the go-to guy, especially since I don't like people asking me a lot of questions.
Helpful Links-----
Note, I gotta fix this post since I just used some shitty converter to convert the HTML webcached version back to bbcode.

The map we were working on privately is now public. All mods have the ability to give vip powers, so ask anyone with a blue or red name.
Last edited by Ducky; Jan 13, 2011 at 02:49 AM.
Bitchin server. Gotta build me a house now.
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
It's good to see the thread again.
This time around, I just hope we can avoid doing the same mistakes as before.
I don't feel a thing, and I stopped remembering
the days are just like moments turned to hours
Originally Posted by watersurf View Post
can you get in the server in the free version?

No, it's strictly Alpha.
I don't feel a thing, and I stopped remembering
the days are just like moments turned to hours
Oh. Looks like I broke the "no making straight staircase" rule.
I'll fill it up when I get off work today.
boaf added as mod, needs to be updated.

TNT can also be crafted by killing Creepers now.
So TNT is cool to have?
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.