Toribash
Original Post
How much TC do artists usually ask for head textures?
128x128 texture. What are the usual price ranges for requests?
im going a little in depth with some personal experience with this.

128x128 does not has as high quality as a 512x512 texture has, means it needs alot less work and effort put it.
means at first, a 128 texture costs alot less than a 512, thats a starting ground.

next, what sort of texture do you want? cartoon, realism, tribal, robot ?
as i said, 128 is not of high quality getting a realism head texture which usually highly focuses on details is a thing i would not recommend personally. on the other side, tribals and cartoon are good fits for 128 because they can be basic and can have a few niche things that you'd like (crazy hair, glasses, headphones etc etc) are all things you can have basically in such a texture, but those things increase the price.

who is youre desired artist, what artists to contact?
another thing that can increase the price greatly, who is the artist? some artist' textures are worth more just becuase they made them. they are so popular due to the quality the textures have they make. often they dont even work for requests if they money is too low thats offered, or you have to wait a while because they are working on different textures already and those take a time.

what i would recommend in your situation?
get in touch with an artist, maybe someone in your clan, someone you play often with, talk with them what they are good in and if they would offer you a friend's price. then request something from them.

the forums request board is from my experience a weird place, if you dont offer enough money its unlikely you get alot of people working on it or any at all.. so you are either better off buying something from a shop or directly asking an artist to make you something.

total price range is mostly what you'd like to give for it, depending on that the texture will be looking.
500-10.000 tc is a proper range from something ok to something amazing.
but before youre going to pay 10k tc for a 128x youre better off requesting a 512 as, sooner or later you will own a 512x512 head texture.

hope i covered anything, if you want to know more, feel free to post or PM me.
Parrot | Tabby | Nike | [Midnight] | Foxy | Deridor | Joel

Helping admins since 2013 (Can't ya'll leave this alone?)
Reta's Bitch, Property of Kriegery, Bribed by Bird, Tinerr 4 President.
Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Take the land, that must be taken. Awaken, awaken, awaken, awaken. Devour worlds, smite forsaken
A good place to look is in the toribash artist united, but lately it has been a bit inactive.

Seeing as school is starting for many people.
|Evil|
I don't exist