Toribash
Original Post
Most "competitive" mod in toribash ; What is your ideal competitive mod?
Hi

I would like to tell me your opinion on what is the most competitive mod in Toribash. While giving your opinion, please state reasons on why the mod is competitive.

Also, what is your ideal for a competitive mod?

Don't post useless things please.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Toribash Season 1 Rank 3 | Ex-ES Artist | Ex-Mascot of [Alpha]
CLAN LEAGUE 2019 WINNER
To me it's boxshu. There is no real way to "cheese" your way through competitive boxshu match because it doesn't offer advantages, such as good opener in judo or lifting in abd does. Anything can be easily countered and turned against the opponent. It also involves a lot of predicting, which imo increases the competitiveness even more.

Overall it has a good balance of offensive and defensive elements and it makes for a good mod to duel as it is all about the decisions you make, not about what opener you use.
Originally Posted by Smaguris View Post
To me it's boxshu. There is no real way to "cheese" your way through competitive boxshu match because it doesn't offer advantages, such as good opener in judo or lifting in abd does. Anything can be easily countered and turned against the opponent. It also involves a lot of predicting, which imo increases the competitiveness even more.

Overall it has a good balance of offensive and defensive elements and it makes for a good mod to duel as it is all about the decisions you make, not about what opener you use.

i agree with this a lot,

but there definitely are some dominant openers in boxshu (or follow-ups after the clap move)
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
most competitive mod actualy has to be ninjutsu just because there are no dominant openers in there
There can be a more dominant opener in ninjutsu, as for boxshu, I agree. I can play boxshu decently and I don't ever play it, I only do grapple mods so well because I've played them way too long. In boxshu you can always have a bad opener, but openers don't give advantage like they do in tk, judo, or lenshu. Also like lifting and shoveling does in ABD or aikido. ABD can be a challenge of skill level though if you play it enough lel. Although something having dominant openers doesn't make it not competitive. In any thing competitive there are always more dominant ways to do and start things, they no chess.
Originally Posted by Sacyka View Post
most competitive mod actualy has to be ninjutsu just because there are no dominant openers in there

Ninjitsu has a 100% win opener, which is why it was removed from official servers a while back.

(you can thank TheGod for discovering it)

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
TPL_mod is, in my opinion, the most competitive mod.
This mod requires advanced grappling skills, as well as advanced skills in striking and blocking.
Most mods focus on one or the other of these, but this mod focuses on all the main areas.
Origin For Life
boxshu and judofrac are pretty fun competitive mods. seen some really cool matches in both of them.
Last edited by TyZi; Jun 2, 2018 at 02:44 AM. Reason: snipped the goofy quote
When you are on a 5 win streak then all of a sudden a blue belt shovels you and 4 other people before someone actively tries to counter them is why I don't exactly see aikido as competitive anymore, at least normal aikido. Aikido Big Dojo is a bit better because you can't shovel someone all the way out of the ring unless you're able to run a step or two without falling over with the opponent.

I like mods that dont allow you to grab, though can still be considered "grappling" mods. I vaguely remember a mod called sumori or something, where you had to grapple the opponent out of the ring, and it was all about using your body for leverage, and your wrists and elbows to wrap around your opponent to disable their movements. Shoveling isn't impossible to counter because the "grab" as able to be broken out of unlike other mods where your hands become super glued to your opponent instantly. You took no damage from strikes, it was all about DQing your opponent.

Boxshu is pretty good, because the 50 frame turns, and the limited openers you can have make it easy to counter moves. Charging usually leads to you getting obliterated, and messing up even once can cost you the game. Then again the instant DQ makes it kind of funny to be brushed by a toe and fall to pieces, which is why Boxshu is a little less competitive IMO.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I give the best relationship advice