Toribash
Original Post
Homosexuality
Homosexuality has been around for a very long time, and only recently has it started to become a large issue. I understand it was considered wrong and quite frankly a sin before that, but gay-rights activists truly started campaigning in the 1970s. A gay couple in 1970 in Minnesota applied for a same-sex marriage saying that there was no mention of gender, but was flat out denied in court. Slowly over the course of a decade, many states (starting with Maryland) began banning same-sex marriage.

Later in the 1987 in Washington D.C. over 2000 coupled got married in a mass-wedding. The strange thing was, is that the grooms and brides were all same-sex couples.

In 1989 Denmark became the first country to legally recognize same-sex unions, and Norway following shortly after that.

In 1996 Bill Clinton signed the DOMA which defined marriage as 'a legal union between one man and one woman as husband and wife' and defined a spouse as 'a person of the opposite sex who is a husband or a wife.'

Recently, more and more countries and states are opening up to the possibility of same-sex marriage and gay-rights, but there are still some that are flat out against it. I personally don't understand it. I understand the whole religion thing, but to kick your son/daughter out of the house for being gay, or to call someone a "fag" for liking a guy seems to me like the same thing as calling a black person the N-word. This kind of relates to this video:

Being a gay man myself, I am lucky enough to live in a country where gay marriage is legal, but I feel horrible for people out there that don't have the same rights I do.

So Toribash, what is your opinion on this matter?

Update: Thoughts on gay adoption?
Last edited by Kyure; Feb 17, 2015 at 06:44 AM.