Toribash
Original Post
Ghost
What if you could change the amount of frames your ghost could move? I think it would be pretty cool if it could be modified in the gamerules by the host.
"wifi pimp, modems hanging from my wrists,
passwords on my blunts, gotta login to hit it"
There is no point in this at all. This would be useless for both multiplayer, single player, and sparring. Now don't misunderstand me as being hostile here I have valid reasoning for thinking this.

Think about how a match progresses, after you do your opener you are in contact with your opponent, your ghost then gives you an idea of how you will move and you change your movements accordingly. Though your ghost does not however depict your opponent's movements. Your opponents movements always greatly change the actual movements of the player and end up different from what the ghost said. So let me ask you this, if the ghost's predictions of what was going to happen in the first 10 frames were to change, then why would it matter seeing 50 frames ahead. Also why would you need to see 50 frames or so ahead if the turnframes are only 10 or 20 for that turn. Its just unnecessary information.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
I understand. Thanks for the criticism. I will be closing this thread when I get home.
"wifi pimp, modems hanging from my wrists,
passwords on my blunts, gotta login to hit it"
Another thing to note is that anything that Alters the ghost in any way is physically impossible to implement into the game so even if there was a good reason for this to be put into Toribash it unfortunately wouldn't be able to happen.
*Pulls more tail then a special needs child at the petting zoo*
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post
There is no point in this at all. This would be useless for both multiplayer, single player, and sparring. Now don't misunderstand me as being hostile here I have valid reasoning for thinking this.

Think about how a match progresses, after you do your opener you are in contact with your opponent, your ghost then gives you an idea of how you will move and you change your movements accordingly. Though your ghost does not however depict your opponent's movements. Your opponents movements always greatly change the actual movements of the player and end up different from what the ghost said. So let me ask you this, if the ghost's predictions of what was going to happen in the first 10 frames were to change, then why would it matter seeing 50 frames ahead. Also why would you need to see 50 frames or so ahead if the turnframes are only 10 or 20 for that turn. Its just unnecessary information.

what about the opposite,where the round is shorter than
the ghost duration?
If the ghost duration was equal to the round duration,perhaps you could do
more precise moves?
Originally Posted by K0HTA View Post

As a replay maker, I disagree with you.
Longer ghost would be beneficial with things that require precision, like skeets. It also can be useful in Multiplayer where you want to see whether your body part dq's or not while flying away.
So there's that.
golf