Ranking
Original Post
[UBER PROBLEM] HELP PLEASE
It seems that my computer somehow picked up some spyware/malware or whatever makes a stupid anti-virus program pop up saying you have millions of viruses.
I have the newest AVG professional and a malwarebyte's anti-malware professional. I ran them both on safe mod and got rid of 3 different trojans, but it is still occuring. i need VERY fast help or it will spread from past experience. plus everytime i try and run it out of safemode, it says that the .exe is a virus and won't run it.
HOW DO I GET RID OF THIS VIRUS?? I NEED HELP FAST PLEASE!!
Antispyware Soft. i've had the problem before, i just forgot how to delete it. its making all my anti-virus .exe's a virus period, even tho their not.
Ive had this before. Every time your anti-virus tries to delete it, it re-installs itself. You will have to manually delete it.
go into my computer.
Go to your C: drive.
Find your documents and open its file location. Find a file that has a peculiar name with a long string of letters, no numbers. Delete that file and your good to go to run a nice scan and delete anything else lingering.
Good luck

EDIT: Also, check your TEMP files, you just might find a hidden malware around there as well. And it would not hurt to check your system32. If you see 2 csrss.exe files, you have something in your temp.
Be careful when deleting certain files because if you delete a file that is actually important, you may potentially damage your system.

The more butt pain way of doing this is reinstalling your computers system disks. This will wipe everything out and you will have to start all over with files that you saved. You will be virus free, but will be stuck at square one. THIS IS ONLY TO BE DONE AS A LAST RESORT.
Last edited by Mookiefish; May 6, 2010 at 06:35 AM.
Not giving a fuck about hurricanes is pretty badass - Fee

#ItemRights!
If it doesn't let you delete it go to your task manager
Click on Processes or Services find the name of the virus end the process or service.
After that you should be able to delete the virus
Done.
1. Set back my computer to 4 thursdays ago (System restore used to not work, so didnt try.)
2. Ran Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware, AVG 9.0 Prefessional, and SUPERAntiSpyware.
3. Deleted over 40 Nasty files.

PLEASE close thread.