ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
[TUT] Guid to a successfull software/hardware fix for begginers.
  • First off, if your getting an error its usually not your fault. Its usually because of the computer or program your running on dose not work right with your computer.

• Here is how to fix your computer or program the simple way.

• An example of a software error: You try to run a program or game, lets say fire fox, and you get an error stating "Error code: 110113 cannot run fire fox because of this error" or you try to start a program and the window goes black and flickers then you get an error code. Those 2 are the most common errors in a program, its usually because the program your running is older than the computer you have, system your running it on, your computer hasn't been updated in like 5 years or your computer is just really old and you need a new one.

• An example of a hardware error: Say you have a media player running, fire fox or internet explorer, a fire wall, a virus scanner scanning your computer, and a game going all at the same time. Your computer seems a bit slower than usual to load up web pages and programs from your desktop, this is called "bogging" when your computer cant handle the strain of all of the programs working at 1 time. So wile your bogging you decide to open a bunch of tabs in your web browser and when you do your computer shuts down or your get a "blue screen" saying all of your files are getting dumped. Do not worry, this just mean that you have over estimated your computers capability's and bogged it down way to much.

• (Hardware) If you want to access many programs at 1 time you will need more r.a.m and usually and a faster processor. Also if you get an error stating you do not have the requirements to play this game or run this program you will have to update your computers hardware (usually).

• (Software) For a software error fix Google is your friend. Usually all you have to do is type the error code you got and the game or programs name. Its really just that simple, but sometimes Google will not have the answer and you have to revert to patches, fixes, and more, depending on the program your running.

• Trial and error fixes.

• This is a method to work with your fixes. Say you need a patch for a game, so you download it and install it. It doesn't work... then you download anther patch and it works. This is a trial and error fix. Some times it takes more than just 2 tries, with coding and file deleting it may take more. So I warn you it may take some time.

• I will be updating this continually.

Common sense imo.
I mean really? Google it?

Also spelling the title right might help.

This might benefit more as an ask me stuff thread.
Originally Posted by Kryo View Post
Common sense imo.

Tut for beginners...

I mean really? Google it?

What did you want me to say... "go out and buy a book on how to fix errors and what kinds there are"?<(That is the whole point of the tut). Google is a free search engine that has limitless fixes.

Also spelling the title right might help.

Really about my grammar... don't you think ive seen it?

This might benefit more as an ask me stuff thread.

Ask me questions I will answer them. =)

if you've noticed your grammar perhaps you should change it? it's possible to do you know. Guid does not translate to something i would read even if i were a beginner because improper grammar shows lack of care when displaying information.

not to bash on you but seriously don't bash on kryo for his post. i could just as well meticulously tear down your post in the same fashion but i wont because i'm not a dick like that.
You don't say?
Originally Posted by ugonadie6 View Post
Ask me questions I will answer them. =)

Allright then...

I have this laptop, it has important files on it, I cant get to them because specific files in windows XP became corrupt, so like a normal person, I dound the XP disc, and booted to disc, and was going to replace files through the DOS command prompt, sounds simple enough right?

but no, it wants my administrator password, I use my accounts password which has administror rights and it does not work, i try "administrator" I tried "admin" neither worked :/

I tried re-installing XP but it requested an admin pass again, the only way to install XP is to wipe the HD, but it has important files on it :/

so without buying a USB->IDE adapter how would you fix this?
I type as I speak, with several commas and run on sentences, dont be hatin'.
Originally Posted by ovah9000 View Post
Allright then...

I have this laptop, it has important files on it, I cant get to them because specific files in windows XP became corrupt, so like a normal person, I dound the XP disc, and booted to disc, and was going to replace files through the DOS command prompt, sounds simple enough right?

but no, it wants my administrator password, I use my accounts password which has administrator rights and it does not work, i try "administrator" I tried "admin" neither worked :/

I tried re-installing XP but it requested an admin pass again, the only way to install XP is to wipe the HD, but it has important files on it :/

so without buying a USB->IDE adapter how would you fix this?

I have never had this happen to me personally, (haven't seen it happen to someone else ether).

You did all the steps correctly... but I have read there is really no other way to repair if you cant continue with your own password. The only way I do see you retrieving the files is using the adapter. Even if you used the adapter you would have to gain access of the files because the access would be denied.

I done a little digging and I found a few urls that may help you (things to try).

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com...-password.html

http://www.softwaretipsandtricks.com...d-problem.html

http://www.realgeek.com/forums/corru...ng-249447.html

This might help if you don't know how to get access to your files using the adapter.>

http://www.technixupdate.com/repair-...s-vista-or-xp/

I am sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Guys cmon, it's an international game. Not everyone has good grammar, nice guide bud. Keep'em coming and don't worry what anyone else thinks.
we dem boys