Ranking
Original Post
Matchmaking feedback thread
With 5.0 we've added a new matchmaking feature for more competitive play. The system is still very much in development and I'd like to get community feedback on how we can make it better.

Here are a couple categories of things that have been brought up, to get the conversation started (Feel free to add new things, though):
  • Season length - currently set to 1 month, suggested 3
  • # of games played - currently BO3
  • Calculating global/category rank - currently elo is by mods and I think global rank is an average
  • Appropriate penalty for leaving matchmaking games

Below I'll try to compile the suggestions I receive:
  • Custom win/loss icons (In place of the current x/o)
  • Change selection icons to empty square / checkbox
  • Match history
  • Better notification/confirmation for matchmake

Known issues:
  • Elo penalty is applied to both users - should be fixed in next patch
  • Some users reporting that matchmaking isn't properly connecting them to a private room, instead moving them to a lobby with multiple players queued
  • Matchmaking seems to be selecting grappling regardless of category(s) selected
  • Matchmaking is not pausing while playing a fight
  • Matchmaking sometimes skips replay and goes straight to next fight
  • Grab status persisting between matchmaking fights, even if mod changes to one without grab
Last edited by hanz0; Mar 29, 2016 at 07:44 PM.

"i wish i could do that ken watanabe face where his eyes are really wide" -siku 2015
DONSELUKE, MASTER OF LAWSUIT
if you love america please sign this petition
B&B&B&
Originally Posted by Odlov View Post
Grappling. Yes, many matches end without clinch happening, but that's not so different from real sumo wrestling, where many matches end with simple extended-arm push-outs. Still, clinch happens, and throws happen. And as I said above, new sumore_e makes clinch a lot more likely. Thinner upper bodies, reduced velocities, and more range on pecs and shoulders. It's not as jumpy as sumore_v.

judofrac could also be a competitive mod
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
When you win the first matchmaking match, and then the opponent quits during the second match (rage quit for instance), both players then lose 1 elo. What's the rationale behind punishing both players instead of just the person who quit during a match?
Originally Posted by challenged View Post
When you win the first matchmaking match, and then the opponent quits during the second match (rage quit for instance), both players then lose 1 elo. What's the rationale behind punishing both players instead of just the person who quit during a match?

already been brought up, it's a bug not a mechanic
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
The matchmaking script doesn't seem to take into consideration belts, I've fought White belts though Custom (some unranked). My last match was against a white belt (note: I'm global rank 199 ATM)

Also he left right before he was about to lose, not sure if that's against the rules.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=643998609
The person who stayed in the match should receive the win and the person who dcs should receive - elo, people find it rather easy to DC before loss because it's only -1 Elo. While the other person does not get an Elo boost which is pretty unfair since he sat through the game.
nope, to decrease rank farming the quiter should recieve rank penalty, while the guy ingame should recieve nothing
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
Originally Posted by Goat View Post
The matchmaking script doesn't seem to take into consideration belts, I've fought White belts though Custom (some unranked). My last match was against a white belt (note: I'm global rank 199 ATM)

Also he left right before he was about to lose, not sure if that's against the rules.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfil.../?id=643998609

give one good reason why it should consider belts.
Originally Posted by snake View Post
nope, to decrease rank farming the quiter should recieve rank penalty, while the guy ingame should recieve nothing

This. Snake is right, if you leave during your match, you deserve an ELO penalty. If you're up against someone who leaves, you shouldn't be awarded anything. That will encourage farming.

And Scorpio is right: belt is completely irrelevant.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
I understand that your belt doesn't dictate your experience (since you can just buy qi). I wasn't considering individual experience but rather general experience based off of your belt.

At the time I was thinking about lower belts (white - brown) who in general are going to be less experienced than someone who earned a black belt.