Toribash
Original Post
Clay sculpture of Lili by Membrain
Im making a sculpture of Lili by Membrain as a final project for my art class, cnc would be great as its my first clay sculpture

Things used were clay, a clay bust, scrapey tool things, my hands

pics

The most difficult part so far is the mouth, specifically the teeth, if anyone has any tips on how to go about that it would be greatly appreciated
bitchass
for the teeth make sure to get a mixture of water and clay in a bowl and cover the gums with it before attaching the separate teeth

if you're firing it you might want to just attach a bar of clay and carve teeth like spaces in-between

I really like it though!

take your wood tool and make wrinkles though, so its not smooth, because right now it looks too smooth to be horror

also where is the symbol on the upper face that is on lily?

the ø symbol is on the forehead in membrane's head

also add a layer of clay on the back (with the water/clay mixture in-between the current head and the layer) that is carved to look like a brain, like lily
-----
also

mouth needs to be wider and shorter
Last edited by Veoo; May 25, 2017 at 11:26 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Anything thats already on cant be removed, too much work lol. Thanks tho guys I havent added the symbol on the top of the head yet but i will dont worry, i'll also try to add the brain, idk how itll work but i think i can do it
bitchass
I'm mainly concerned by what the hell those fingers are. If they're supposed to be anything close to human, they're way out of proportion for how fingers bend.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by WeooWeoo View Post
I'm mainly concerned by what the hell those fingers are. If they're supposed to be anything close to human, they're way out of proportion for how fingers bend.

that's actually the fingers in the head texture. the sculpture is based on it

This is the head this sculpture is based off of if anyone didnt know. Also, as long as its okay with the art board people, im fine with people not giving CnC if they dont want to, but any posts here has to relate to this if you dont put cnc, cuz i hate the art board rules
bitchass
The thumb is much more tasteful on the head text then it is on the sculpture

thumb is way too long on the sculpture
Yea i realized that after i did it, i think im gonna add clay around the palm to make that look a little better
bitchass
Looks great!
I agree with Veeo about the thumb. I don't know if adding a brain would look good tho, would you make it only on the back of the head, below the eye or on the whole head?