ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Windows Server Questions
Ok guys, I tried to make a new server with my ip address. It said no connection. I put in 127.0.0.1 and it worked fine. Anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

Also, when I get it right, what do I do to let people see and play on my server?

Thanks
Re: Windows Server Questions
Firstly, on some routers (mostly Zyxel's crap.especially the P600 series) it's impossible to host servers in -any- games. There may be other routers with the same problem aswell.
To let yourself and your friends see the server in the serverlist, at the time of writing this message you need to manually add it to the 'servers' file in the root directory of Toribash. (example(default) cprogram files\Toribash-2.1\ )

There will probably be an update on this in the near future.
What what? In the butt.
Re: Windows Server Questions
Go into your routers setup page and find a part where you can open ports. (could be under gaming+applications, virtual server etc) If you can't find it, I suggest going to www.google.com and "<router name> opening ports" searching that.

Basically, a router is like a gate that is locked from the outside. You can go out easily enough, but to get in the gate must be unlocked. And to get in, all you need is a key.

So, you'll need to add the 20184 port (or whatever port you're using for toribash) to your router. So people can get through your 'gate' using the '20184' key, and thus: to play on your server.

don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.