Toribash
Original Post
9 Tips for newbies
OK here is some tips to you new people.

1. No nub clapping. That means don't contract both pecs and grab.
2. No uke on wushu, judo, or other mod. Means don't just freeze
3. Try to move at least 3 joints per turn.
4. To learn good moves go to a private made room, and just watch the pros at it. Try to study their moves and stuff.
5. Get some peoples replays and study their replays.
6. If this isn't against the rules, get the movesaver.lua script and save moves from other players. I don't need to do that though, and to find the script just use search button.
7. Don't run in wushu, or judo.
8. Don't camp in wushu, or judo
9. Don't shovel in aikido.

Forum Tips:
If you don't want to be hated, here are some tips:
1. Don't act nubbish.
2. Don't spam alot.
3. Don't beg.
4. Don't ask stupid questions.

Ok, some of these tips are useful to the new people. Please leave a comment and thank you for reading!
Last edited by TyphOnWaVe; Aug 29, 2009 at 09:17 PM.
lol nice work, but everyone shovels in akido i get shoveled by 10th dans and stuff.
A VERY WISE MAN SAID TO ME IF YOU TRY HARD IN LIFE YOU WILL ACHIEVE GREAT THINGS, I LAUGHED AT HIM AND LEFT
"9. Don't shovel in aikido. (Don't push them out the ring.)"

Quite a bad definition, pushing opponents out of the ring is the whole point of the mod.
Originally Posted by TyphOnWaVe View Post
1. No nub clapping. That means don't contract both pecs and grab.
2. No uke on wushu, judo, or other mod. Means don't just freeze
3. Try to move at least 3 joints per turn.
4. To learn good moves go to a private made room, and just watch the pros at it. Try to study their moves and stuff.
5. Get some peoples replays and study their replays.
6. If this isn't against the rules, get the movesaver.lua script and save moves from other players. I don't need to do that though, and to find the script just use search button.
7. Don't run in wushu, or judo.
8. Don't camp in wushu, or judo
9. Don't shovel in aikido. (Don't push them out the ring.)

These are the most idiotic tips I have ever read. Here's why.

1. The nub clap is a classic opener in which many complex moves and strategies can come from.
2. This can also be an acceptable first urn move seeing as it will dodge many complex openers allowing you to inflict damage in the opponent in the later turns of wushu.
3. This is also not needed. Moving 2 joints per turn can easily seal you a win and allow you not to dq in certain situations. Also, all joints are being used no matter what contition they are in, whether it be held for keeping the position, or relaxed for speed or manuverability.
4. Don't just watch the pros. PLAY the pros. This is the best way possible to get better. Make the best player in the room look like the worst player when you fight him.
5. This one seems ok. Just remember not to try and recreate that replay exactly. Try to start a new replay and make it better and more productive than the replay that gave you inspiration.
6.This is basicly the same as #5 but don't and I repeat, DON'T use that same move that you saved. Try and make you own personal move that works just as well, if not better than that move.
7. Running in wushu to ensure a victory is generally not a good idea. You will get flamed and ridiculed, but a good cat and mouse chase in wushu is ALWAYS fun and will improve your skills every time.
8. Camping in wushu is generally fine if you do not wish to get better. ALWAYS try to do more damage. It makes the win more sweet. If you happen to give him points in the process, it will only make you strive for more points and make you better.
9."Don't push them out of the ring." This is the absolutely worst advice you could possibly give for a person playing aikido. The WHOLE point of the mod is to DQ your opponent by pushiong him out of the ring. ALL MOVES ARE COUNTERABLE. Even a run of the mill shovel. The only way to get better at aikido is to learn how to manipulate your opponent and stop his intentions.

That is what you should be doing to get better.
Last edited by IceShadow; Aug 29, 2009 at 09:24 PM.

[RAWR]NutHug: I CAN MAKE DIAPER BROWN
Nice guide, glad you're trying to help the community. Although, to sum up IceShadow's post, which is oozing elitism, you should play a little bit more and get to know the game a bit better before making guides.
Originally Posted by TyphOnWaVe View Post

is this good advice? ._.
[Sigma]
And the second largest penis in animal kindom