Toribash
Original Post
Music: What've you been listening to?
General Music Discussion Thread

Starting this thread off with song from a band I've been listening to a good bit recently, Peace.
I'm an indie fan, and occasionally enjoy post-rock/electronic music.

You can rate posted songs, post your own songs, discuss the music you've been listening too, etc, here.

-Pamaaj
[i]nquisition
nothing much

Thank you very much for finally making this thread, Pammy!

I'll be posting a video of one of my favorite home-grown indie bands soon. The Philippine indie music scene produces some really good, albeit underrated, stuff.
Last edited by Trick; May 19, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
fl0w
I mostly listen to the Going Quantum Podcast, and the artists therein, but here is a band that most anyone can appreciate. I honestly don't know how someone would be unable to like them. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present Caravan Palace.
All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. That’'s how far the world is from where I am. Just one bad day.
I am a huge fan of Stone Sour. Their songs have a way of making you feel powerful when you listen, it's hard to explain.

Other than that, recently I've been listening to a bit of Bullet For My Valentine, though that's mostly because I have a couple of their songs on my Running playlist. (Running to superfast songs is awesome) Once I decide what my favorite Stone Sour song is I'll post a link.
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
You...are a good person zander. Stone Sour is awesome.
I personaly listen to bands like Slipknot, Gojira, In flames, Killswitch Engaged that kinda stuff
(Corey Taylor- when asked what he would change about the music industry) "I'd make a wish, click my heels three times, and give it a soul."
I listen to dubstep I find on YouTube. My favorites are Ben Moon and Veela(Although her lyrics don't make sense sometimes, but still sounds good!)

Note:Reading anything past this line will induce heavy questioning/anger against me. Maybe not now, that I'm saying this and you will all just ignore this. Hopefully that's the case.
__________________________________________________ _______________________

I've never heard of any of the bands you guys listed.
My life is made up of unlimited blades.
I love meh dubstep. I favor skrillex followed by knifeparty, but enjoy any kind
THE SPIN MASTER
Yeah, most the stuff i listed isnt listened to by many people nowadays
(Corey Taylor- when asked what he would change about the music industry) "I'd make a wish, click my heels three times, and give it a soul."
Originally Posted by sabreon View Post
Yeah, most the stuff i listed isnt listened to by many people nowadays

That's because (at risk of sounding old school) the music people listen to today is absolute shit. I abhor the techno/wanna be retro rubbish that is played on the radio these days. I work a desk job in an office that has the radio on the whole day, and I'll hear these songs almost three or four times a day and it drives me fucking nuts. I don't really mind if people haven't heard the things I listen to, it suits me and I enjoy it. The lyrics sung in mainstream music are so shallow and superficial. I've been listening to alot more Bullet for My Valentine lately, and each of their songs are so goddamn deep it's incredible. One such song is called 10 Years Today. While the theme is slightly morbid, the lyrics such as "Candles burn without a flame on" (signifying that they still mourn their lost friend each day, even though the funeral etc is over) is really powerful.
-----
Sorry for slapping you guys with a wall of text haha.
Last edited by Zanderhar; May 27, 2013 at 09:42 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
You’ve been taught all your life that truth is easy to hide. You'll face your judgment another day and suffer eternally.
Thread revival time.

Just a little something I've been listening too recently.

Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnmLUSdooKk
[i]nquisition
nothing much