ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
What is a good tablet/pad for drawing textures?
A friend told me a bamboo pad is good but i was thinking something like a Kindle(fire), and if so can i install gimp, Photoshop on it?
Have a great day, thanks for looking at this post I guess.
cnc is an endangered resource
Buy a Wacom bamboo. Any of the models within your budget are great.
I might do that, have only 40usd now cuas I bought a ipod. Still wondering whether or not to just save up and buy a kindle.
You don't need a tablet to do good art.
I find it easier do make better art without one.
Kindles won't be good for texturing.

It's best to go with a tablet specifically made for art, such as a model by Wacom.

Here's the one I bought, and where I bought it.
Originally Posted by jclark View Post
A friend told me a bamboo pad is good but i was thinking something like a Kindle(fire), and if so can i install gimp, Photoshop on it?

Bamboo does make a great tablet. Are you thinking of something that you'll plug into you're computer and make art from Photoshop or Gimp? Or just a tablet you can take around with you?
I dont think I have enough money right now for an Ipad so I'll probably go with that
a tablet wont automatically make you good at art.
practise without one befor buying one. Mapping is 90% of texturing, you dont need a tablet for that.
buying one just to make textures is also a waste of money, make sure its worth it when you buy one.
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
Yes I know I have been Sketching my art for a pretty long time now, Making rough drawings in windows paint and Seeing how they look ingame.